World Sporting (+ FITASC, SportTrap and Prelims) - Open Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a Superfinal take place?

Who shot what in that then because looking from the final results looks like a lot of high finishers never turnt up? Maybe they shot bad in the final?

Glen.

Just got in winner Stuart Clarke, came from pretty much nowhere and straighted the last super final stand, a straight up teal thrown from a chondel trap with a stonking r-l high crossing battue on report. Pat Liske *spelling from the USA second after a sudden death shoot off with Ed and Ben. Ed 3rd and Ben 4th.

there was a shoot off before hand with all 5? shooters on 180 for 2 places in the super final Ed went through on 11 ex 12 then another shoot off with Stuart Rudling triumphing over George and someone else.

they were just about to start the shootoffs for lower classes when we left at 20 past 8 :huh:

Shot a 65 on the Blue today for a combined of 128 so pleased with that, thought I was probably 10 light over the weekend, 5 or so on each course. Had I shot like I did Friday a definite 70 odd on the blue was achievable.

Have to disagree with Clever on the blue course, yeah it was stiff but it is a world champs and I for one C class shooter learnt a hell of a lot from it and shot to about my average so it cant have been that bad :)

Just got in winner Stuart Clarke, came from pretty much nowhere and straighted the last super final stand, a straight up teal thrown from a chondel trap with a stonking r-l high crossing battue on report. Pat Liske *spelling from the USA second after a sudden death shoot off with Ed and Ben. Ed 3rd and Ben 4th.

there was a shoot off before hand with all 5? shooters on 180 for 2 places in the super final Ed went through on 11 ex 12 then another shoot off with Stuart Rudling triumphing over George and someone else.

they were just about to start the shootoffs for lower classes when we left at 20 past 8 :huh:
Well the way you hve explained the superfinal does not sound how it has been in the past??? Or am I wrong?

Was 3 stands of 4 pairs and a single full use. First stand looking down the valley traps about 20 yrds in front and below the cage straight away flat teal followed by curling flat teal r-l. stand 2, simmo l-r crosser 1 fast and a bit further out other slower and curling away at the end. stand 3 single l-r high long chondel full use then the straight up teal and r-l battue. all flash clays except the battue

Bit knackered now but will do a decent report tomorrow with some piccies that michelle took of the super final :)

Some interesting names failed to shoot the second day. Expensive 100 bird shoot. What's all that about then?

well i must say im well chuffed to have won A class on 171. although to be perfectly honest i really did miss at least 5 on each course which i was perfecctly capable of shooting comfortably. ah well cant be to greedy. its a good achievement for me as i dont really do alot of shooting anymore either. as a few others have said i found the blue the best of the 2 shoots. the red seemed very cramped and lacked a bit of atmosphere or something. the targets were not particularly mind blowing on red, but there is a limit to what you can do with a clay pigeon i guess. away to bed now as im clean knackered after flying home an hour ago

Shot a 65 on the Blue today for a combined of 128 so pleased with that, thought I was probably 10 light over the weekend, 5 or so on each course. Had I shot like I did Friday a definite 70 odd on the blue was achievable.

Have to disagree with Clever on the blue course, yeah it was stiff but it is a world champs and I for one C class shooter learnt a hell of a lot from it and shot to about my average so it cant have been that bad :)

well shot Fuz , I had a complete melt down on the blue and couldnt connect with anything - made it far too complicated although it was a lot stiffer

Looks like the classification on the day worked perfect to be fair! On the final results the guy who classed in C on the first day was then in AA at the end which was correct in the end!

Fuzzy in the future, if I was you I wouldn't even pay attention to scores in your class until everything is finished because I guarentee that it will cost you targets in the long run.

Glen.

Never look at a 100 birder, and to be honest it probably gained me. Was nice and relaxed, thought I had nothing to gain or lose and shot a lot better on day 2 :)

Taylor didn't connect very well on the red course and finished on a 66 on the blue the day before he shot an 80! I think maybe he was just exhausted, 4 days shooting, staying away from home, I forget sometimes he's just 14. Fortunately it was enough to get him the colts title, which to be fair is what we wanted so a great result :)

Iv enjoyed watching the shooting over the last few days and I don't think the weather was as bad as the thought it might of been, in fact the most rain I saw was yesterday and that was more like sharp showers.

I still dont get why they do the super final, I'd be gutted if I'd got the highest score then lost on a shoot off!

There were ten colts entered in the sporting as most of them have now gone upto juniors, so could do with a few more to keep the sport going.....

We stayed till the end roughly 9.30 prize giving in the dark again, .... Got home at 1am, think il let the kids have a lay in....

Well done to all the winners, what an achievement :)

Shot the red course on the sat morning at 11am, I have to say I was very dissapointed I shot like a prize prat but was not impressed by the targets, 15 stands all faceing uphill with probably 75% targets floating around in the wind, Really didn't want to go back on the sun but glad I did, the blue course was much better with a little something for everyone. Really enjoyed the shoot offs with some good targets and some great shooting. All in all just an ok shoot!

Here are a few pictures I took on Sunday.

DSCN1526.jpg

DSCN1510.jpg

DSCN1480.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

There are more on facebook here:

https://www.facebook...=3&l=3078b6888a

It's open to anyone to look at whether or not you are my friend on facebook.

Why are we here? What is the meaning of life?

(My smileys don't work from my work PC - may be the OS?) :)

(that's a poor man's smiley!)

EDIT - you can tell I'm bored at work..... colon/close bracket :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The world sporting had I'm told 750 entries a day in AA & AAA only seems CPSA are paying top 7 ? A class 13 places, dosent seem very generous being over the two shoots 1500 entries ? And no prize fund down the ranks shown ? The classic shows what each place gets, or is that to technical when entries been sorted ages ago ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back