World Sporting (+ FITASC, SportTrap and Prelims) - Open Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked it is!!! Ha ha ha ha you have been truely rodgered mate in C because 80 for him is not his standard expect 80+ on the next 100 and an easy win! ;-)
Well done the CPSA...great for International relations...horrible for classification integrity and for the novice shooter's belief in being able to compete at the major CPSA competitions at some level...truly ridiculous!!!

I thought the round was dull. I know virgin ground is wanted, but frankly it was nowhere near as good as Westfield or Weston IMO.
hahaha :) this is funny for a man who thinks churchills is a good ground :)

Churchills is a lovely place but lets face it they are corporate based and always will be and who can blame them.

back to fuzzy and I guess 75% of competition shooters if not more have had to experience what you have during their competition shooting at some point!

I remember when I first started shooting Fitasc a long while back and had to compete with Tony Walsh in C Class god bless him, its just how it was you just have to raise your game and keep plodding on! :)

WTF 4 out of the top 5 in C are C* classified on the day. How the hell have they managed to classify an 80 on the blue in C??????????????
Perhaps U/C should be run as a seperate class just for the medal.This may give people the incentive to get classified and would reduce sandies.

Frank is no sand bagger
All the more reason to have U/C as a seperate class in major comps, so we dont get top shots in the lower classes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank is no sandbagger at all he has just gone to shoot the sporting and enjoy a holiday. Problem is they don't shoot English Sporting over in Holland the first one they have help was last month adn that was the first ever! It is not viable for somebody to travel from europe just to shoot 100 registered to get a classification either.

Frank is not the issue - The System is the Issue. CPSA need to look at how they do that for U/C shooters and yes it makes sense to have a class for U/C persons.

To be honest froget Frank and I bet C Class is still won on a massive score and all those who can't perform will complain as normal .....I can hear the crys of sandbagging and jealousy already!

Just shoot better and get on with it instead of worrying about others! This week has been a week of listening to people making excuses because they can not perform. At the end of the day if you don't perform it is down to you! I bet if someone like Fuzzy shot to the best of his ability he would feel he could break 80 too??!!!

80 for Frank is a poor score to be honest.

Glen.

Exactly Glen the isssue is with how to classify people like frank who has no access to english sporting

Seems to me there is loads like this I think the ones classified on the day are the ones with the little * by the Class?

Looks like the course is quite hard though looking at the A Class scores and lower.

Good job I don't have to worry about all that class crap anymore but I understand the frustration I have been there and on the receiving end just depends wether you use it possitively or just let it get to you.

I like to think it made me try even more and go up the classes quicker made me have extrta incentive to not give up.

When I was in B near the start of my shooting I did manage a 3rd at the BO Sporting and a 1st at the Classic the same year but that was after many many near misses and hardly any enevelopes.

All I can say is the likes of Fuzzy is doing very well from what I have heard so just stick at it ........your day or month will come! :)

As Glen says its not Franks problem, its the system. Worth noting that the top shooter that has a classification in C is actually classified by the SCTA as B with a 73% average.

Quite right one needs to up ones game for the majors and it dont get any more major than this one. I under performed yesterday, simple as that. However when a C class shooter has to suddenly up their game to AAA standard you can see why people are a bit miffed.

Hey ho, move on and enjoy the rest of what has been a tremendous event and experience so far :D

I shot the blue Promatic course at 11am today.

I thought it was a much nicer set up than the red course. More interesting ground, more variety of targets. However, it was very tough overall. I started on stand 1 and only dropped three shots over the first four stands so felt good. Then wobbled in the middle, mainly overleading high birds. Still, not too bad with 15 away after stand 10. Stands 11-15 were my hell, as I dropped another 20 for 65!

Was the blue course too tough? Yes IMO as it was scoring way low for most. Just two or three stands that were killers needing backing off to sort it I feel.

So, my summary would be that the red course was correctly firm but a bit dull. The blue course was interesting but too firm for a wide audience. Generally a good event though. 8/10 to Steve and Allison from me.

CSC3

hahaha :) this is funny for a man who thinks churchills is a good ground :)
Having assisted a bit with course setting last year at EJC, I know it's limitations. They have made huge efforts with new stands and now new staff, so fair play. I comment about it a lot because it's my nearest ground and I'm keen to see it progress. As a shooting venue for competitions, it's not in my top five..

Did you rate the red course then?

CSC3

red course seemed like a normal 100 birder, blue was probably 4-5 targets tougher. overall i thought it was pretty good much more enjoyable than some of the crap ive been to this year, least i got to see a gap at the end of the gun for a change. there were only a few gimmies and lots of 3 pair stands which always seems to make the scores abit lower. at the end of the day its a world championship so it should be testing the best in the world.

Some random pics from yesterday:

worldsporting2012020.jpg

worldsporting2012018.jpg

worldsporting2012015.jpg

worldsporting2012014.jpg

worldsporting2012013.jpg

worldsporting2012012.jpg

worldsporting2012010.jpg

worldsporting2012007.jpg

worldsporting2012003.jpg
worldsporting2012005.jpg

Nice one Tobi - have some more to go up later.

Just home after an epic evening, Mrs R stayed to walk round some of the Blue course - left halfway through, and then got back to her car to find a puncture. No spares on Smart cars :) so she called the AA who found their way to the car park. By the time I'd finished (more on that in a bit) she was still waiting, so I had to leave and look after that - so I missed the final!

Stuart Clarke won, with Pat Lieske (US) second, and our very own Ed Solomons in Third... Ben Husthwaite was fourth after carding an amazing 183 (I think).

Blue course for me was more fun than the red - more testing but I really enjoyed it. Every type of weather and every type of target in a day. More thoughts later, after I read some more feedback.

Latest posts

Back