World English sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There will never be 'Big sponsorship' for shooting in the UK, because there simply isn't enough interest in it from outside the shooting world. You cannot compare the UK to the USA either, because as far as shooting and gun culture is concerned it is a totally different ball game. Sadly all prize money will have to be made up by the competitors themselves, this goes for all shooting in the UK, from the humble weekly registered to the very top. Look at the non CPSA shoots, who is actually making up the prize fund?

Admittedly it is a bit more expensive than usual, a premium if you like to shoot in a world championship I suppose. I like Jeremy will be looking forward to it. 
Is  20k not a fair wack?

Is  20k not a fair wack?
If that's what Blaser are putting in then fair play. It will be interesting to see where that goes then, lets see how much gets split down the prize board. Or is it just guns for prizes that will undoubtedly be won by the top boys and girls, or for the Blaser Intercontinental Trophy? Or 20K into the coffers of the CPSA. It won't be to difficult to work out how much is cash into the prize fund as the CPSA have said on their website how much of the entry fee is going into said prize fund, per entry for each discipline.

Prelim did get a bit too busy
Previously this was scheduled as one day event on the Friday after the FITASC Sporting had finished on the Thurs, but this time both are now scheduled to be on Mon - Fri. Unsure whether both will be on the ground as well as the Sportrap? Perhaps one will be on the Estate?

a couple of trade stands if they can be bothered.
Thought last time they had Blaser, Zoli, Browning there with a couple of stands to try guns on, plus a few other trade stands ( or was that World COMPAK?)

the referees will be providing their services for £80 -£100 if they are lucky per day
Think it was £85 last time, not heard yet this time.

May only put down for the FITASC again. Not keen on this all start on stand one format for the sporting. On Friday last time I left home @6.30 to get there for a 8.am refs meeting, was sent to stand 13 where I sat until first squad arrived @10.45 . Last squad was sent out at 17.30 so finished on my stand @19.30. Got home at 20.45! Never again, its different if there are breakdowns etc and end up running late. but this was planned.

Regards

Leigh

Thought last time they had Blaser, Zoli, Browning there with a couple of stands to try guns on, plus a few other trade stands ( or was that World COMPAK?)
They did because I remember trying a gun with three barrels.

Thing is being a WORLD event shouldn't there really be a trade village not just a couple of stands?

The thing that really pissed me off last year was finishing last thing on the Sunday and not being able to get anything to eat as all the food vendors had done one!  :angry:

It is just too much to interest me again, i did it last time  to experience the World thing. It will keep going up until the entry decreases. I would reconsider the event if it were to be held at another venue, as it is its double Sunday money to shoot at the same venue which is still a long ride from my house.

I’ve just booked on as one of my aims for 2018 is to do a couple of majors just for experience. EJC is pretty local to me and I shoot their monthly registered so familiar with the grounds. I was tempted to go birds only which is £105 – mainly because I have zero chance in winning anything. But thought that was a negative attitude and knowing my luck it would be the one time I shoot out of my skin. £130 does sound steep at £50 over above REG ESP prices. But it’s not just 100-200 shooters coming through on 1 day.

Let’s face it non of us know all the costs involved – we can take a guess but unless you have run such an event yourself it will be just a guess. There was talk on FB about the hire of additional cherry pickers etc. At the end of the day they decide to supply it at x price. If us shooters think x price is worth it we pay it – if not we vote with our feet and they have a rethink next time. Why should a ground not make money from such an event – they are not a charity.

What winds me up is people on Facebook who sound like they have never even shot a registered comp before complaining about the price as their local club puts on 100 clays for £20. Nevermind it’s at some club with a portacabin for a clubhouse and targets that don’t change for months.

Managed to grab one of the last weekend slots. Didn't expect it to fill up as quickly as it did! 

Now need to decide on which other events to shoot and get them booked up.

Simon, the shoot will be over on the estate, so new to you! But that's good right?

I'm booked on Tuesday. Hopefully that is zero wind and overcast, with a prolonged hurricane arriving on Thursday, thus making my comp entry a good investment. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting reading all the various views both here and on FaceBook, what seems to have escaped any real mention is the fact that the ESP has to be shot over two separate days, that is the main reason I shall not be there because at 2 hours+ drive each way the thought of it puts me off. 

Simon, the shoot will be over on the estate, so new to you! But that's good right?

I'm booked on Tuesday. Hopefully that is zero wind and overcast, with a prolonged hurricane arriving on Thursday, thus making my comp entry a good investment. 
I shot on a different ground on the very first Premier League event at EJC. Is that the estate or something different again? From memory it was the other side of the road and had several buildings and a courtyard.

finishing last thing on the Sunday and not being able to get anything to eat as all the food vendors had done one!
I note in the programme that they have switched the Blaser Trophy to the Sunday @6.p.m. after that will be any shoot offs for concurrent places, then the Superfinal, so looks an even later finish!

Need to have separate stands for the Blaser Trophy, and Superfinal all set up.

Also some competitors will no doubt be shooting in both, which may be an advantage.

Regards

Leigh

Interesting reading all the various views both here and on FaceBook, what seems to have escaped any real mention is the fact that the ESP has to be shot over two separate days, that is the main reason I shall not be there because at 2 hours+ drive each way the thought of it puts me off. 
Would it work in your favour to grab a hotel room/Air B&B and stay over to save the extra 4+ hours driving?

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/13905781?location=HP14 3NS&tier_override=0

Could be a nice place for a social on the Saturday night :)

Hammie, treat Mrs Hammie to a night in a nice hotel and stay over.

Hammie, treat Mrs Hammie to a night in a nice hotel and stay over.
She doesn't like clay shooting much, can't imagine what 2 days of it will do to my brownie points  :unsure: :lol: :unsure: .

I shot on a different ground on the very first Premier League event at EJC. Is that the estate or something different again? From memory it was the other side of the road and had several buildings and a courtyard.
The PL would have been 100 targets whereas this event is two seperate 100 target courses so you well may see some of the grounds again 

Back