World English sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wynno

Just been on the CPSA website and they are advertising for the World english sporting to be held at Churchill’s  from the 25th June to 1st July.

Entry fees for all the different completions are and I quote 

world english sporting 200 targets £130

world sportrap 100 targets £55

Fitasc 100 targets (old system) £102

preliminary sporting 100 targets £57 

Dont know what you all think but imho that’s expensive 

Discuss ?

Same rates as two years ago I think. It’s what these majors are. The targets only discounts are quite big I think. There will be lot of infrastructure there compared to ordinary shoots.

Sorry Will but I disagree with you. £102 to shoot 100 Fitasc that is taking the p**s

Even the most expensive grounds don’t charge £65 for 100 sporting targets

Are the cpsa trying to price the ordinary shooter out of the market, if so , then they are doing a bloody good job.

Sorry Will but I disagree with you. £102 to shoot 100 Fitasc that is taking the p**s

Even the most expensive grounds don’t charge £65 for 100 sporting targets

Are the cpsa trying to price the ordinary shooter out of the market, if so , then they are doing a bloody good job.
I only said the prices were same as last time. I agree, I can’t see why the FSP is quite that dear. But for the ESP you need to compare it with similar events. I think the Classic works out similarly per 100. I agree, it’s not cheap, but ordinary reg shoots don’t have the overheads that this event has. Drivers transporting shooters for a start. Qualified refs every stand, maintenance team, guest course setter. It is the World Championship.

Last edited by a moderator:
wynno,

I think you will find that the CPSA will be taking a predetermined fee for granting the shoot to EJ Churchill and Churchill's are just dipping their bread in the gravy train.

As Will Hewland says there is a lot of infrastructure to running these shoots , such as referees being paid a pittance , a tractor and trailor to ferry people too idle to walk , around. .

Perhaps Churchills could get a local Portaloo company to sponsor the event?

They may as well take the piss for taking the piss .

But of course the rich will enter , because they have more money than sense.

Four different events , 1 @65p a clay , 1@ 55p a clay , 1 @ £1-2p a clay and finally another @57p a clay .

Does it really need to be that expensive ?    

But of course the rich will enter , because they have more money than sense.
Who exactly are the rich?  I’m neither rich nor without sense.   I go to lots of shoots and you don’t see too many “poor”shooters anywY looking at the cars.  Yes there are some wealthy but most of us choose what to spend our spare pennies on.  I really enjoyed it last year and I’m hoping for the same this year.  Doesn’t some of the prize money come out of entry fees in any event?

I am not happy to pay  but i will as it is the premier event,if that makes any sense.

As the shoot is on the estate not the shooting ground they have to pay a considerable fee to them.

Infrastucture....what infrastructure a few food vans turn up and rape you (the food was good though,just a shame they pissed of about 4 on Sunday) a couple of trade stands if they can be bothered.

Promatic provide the traps and the maintenance team  for a fee along with the grounds own  and the refs do there job for less than  most people would consider working for.

Most of it probably goes to the waste of money that is paying Nick Fellows to stand up and waffle some bullsh*t about what a massive effort that has been put in by his team and his expenses.

Just as long as its as good a shoot as last time and there is actually still some food available when you finish i for a change will have nothing to complain about

Surely the Essex masters is better value for money, and best of all the cpsa do not have their fingers in the till.

If you have the money and the time then good luck to whoever shoots this competition 

out of curiosity I wonder how many foreign shooters will enter, knowing that they stand very little chance of winning a meaningful amount of prize money.

Last Worlds, I shot the Sportrap & Prelim, Im not too keen on FITASC and did not fancy committing to shooting on two back to back days, yes I paid a premium entry fee (competition) for both events, the Sportrap ran like a clock the Prelim did get a bit too busy, one did see ground expenditure over and above what I had seen at previous registered shoots and far and above my only other experience of a "major" various "Beretta Worlds" which I thought were very poor value. Ah value, now these entry prices, its the individual who decides for themselves if or not they see these as good enough value? Ive been to some registered shoots at the £40 mark which I felt were not worth that.

In reply to Sian,

"Who exactly are the rich?  I’m neither rich nor without sense.   I go to lots of shoots and you don’t see too many “poor”shooters anywY looking at the cars.  Yes there are some wealthy but most of us choose what to spend our spare pennies on.  I really enjoyed it last year and I’m hoping for the same this year.  Doesn’t some of the prize money come out of entry fees in any event? "

Sian ,

You have to realise that I will have a moan and complain at anything that I think is a rip off, but anyone who knows me also knows that I am baiting , hoping for a rise .

I think the pricing for this event is extortionate when you consider that it is a World Championship event, surely the promoters should be going all out to attract adequate sponsorship to fund the prize awards and cost of the event .

Promatic will be sponsoring the event by providing all of the claytraps and staff to service the machines , clays will cost  about 8p,  the referees will be providing their services for £80 -£100 if they are lucky per day , so if we consider the probable revenue from entry fees it is not a bad little earner.

Catering Vans and suchlike will be charged a fee to be present which they will reflect in their prices of food & drink 

Undoubtedly we will have a large entry from America & Europe and probably the Americans will out perform us .

I realise that this can be a wonderful event if done properly , but does it really need to be so expensive to the competitor?

When I said 'the rich will enter because they have more money than sense'  perhaps I should clarify that by saying , no matter how much it costs people will still enter because it is a prestigious bi-annual event that any keen competitor will love to enter and common sense and value for money can go out of the window of rational thinking .

I suppose the cost pails into insignificence if we think of the cost of 'Pop' Concerts and Football support .

But come on Churchill's  does it really cost 65p a clay for Sporting and a ludicrous £1-2 p for FITASC ????

You have to realise that I will have a moan and complain at anything that I think is a rip off, but anyone who knows me also knows that I am baiting , hoping for a rise .
I tend not to think of that, I just don't do the baiting thing.  If I say something good or bad I tend to mean it.

Im looking forward to it,although ill only be doing the sportrap.Salopian has hit on the real issue ,in that sponsership is the ingredient thats missing,and when i say sponsership i mean a or multiple big sponsors from outside the shooting trade,yes there are lots of big firms tacking very expensive game days,so what are we doing wrong to not atract them?is the route of the problem,as the infrastructure churchills put in is expensive and done very well and they are a profitable business that need to make money,if we cant get sponsors but want a top event then unfortunately we have to pay for it.

I believe Blaser will be sponsoring it again to the tune of about 20k...just about enough to cover the CPSA expenses and Nicks media moment for his CV.

Looking at the years financial statement it effectively says this event is a cash cow,noting the difference between years with and without.

Yes it is overpriced,Yes we will pay as we love shooting especially these events which sometimes are a thing of rare perfection in target presentation and location.

They have to increase that massive bank balance that they don't use somehow...i mean its only 750,00 as of 2015 and growing by 50k+ a year.

I know Peter would cut of his nose to spite his face as far as the CPSA goes and i admire and support his position....but i have to shoot it!

Surely it’s down to the cpsa to approach or attract sponsors to this event. There are many big companies that have shooters among the board of directors.

IF this is a true world event then it’s a potential massive showcase for the sponsers and at a relatively low cost. So come on cpsa get your finger out and do something about it

Surely it’s down to the cpsa to approach or attract sponsors to this event. There are many big companies that have shooters among the board of directors.

IF this is a true world event then it’s a potential massive showcase for the sponsers and at a relatively low cost. So come on cpsa get your finger out and do something about it
There will never be 'Big sponsorship' for shooting in the UK, because there simply isn't enough interest in it from outside the shooting world. You cannot compare the UK to the USA either, because as far as shooting and gun culture is concerned it is a totally different ball game. Sadly all prize money will have to be made up by the competitors themselves, this goes for all shooting in the UK, from the humble weekly registered to the very top. Look at the non CPSA shoots, who is actually making up the prize fund?

Admittedly it is a bit more expensive than usual, a premium if you like to shoot in a world championship I suppose. I like Jeremy will be looking forward to it. 

Latest posts

Back