WORLD COMPAK at Churchills.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hoping a customer of mine will take me out tuna fishing in his 70 odd foot boat when I'm overseas coaching in October, apparently it averages 10k in fuel per trip, hopefully I'm not expected to chip in!

I hoping a customer of mine will take me out tuna fishing in his 70 odd foot boat when I'm overseas coaching in October, apparently it averages 10k in fuel per trip, hopefully I'm not expected to chip in!
well. A very good friend of mine (allegedly) fell out with me because I didn't. We stayed onboard his 50' flybridge at largs west coast scotland for the weekend on his invitation I bought breakfast at the marina cafe and went halves with shopping for the trip around the islands BUT didn't chip in for fuel that was about ten years ago and he hasn't spoken to me since.

I was told today that you got to practise on the actual targets before the competition started at the World Compak. What is the point of that?  
I wish I had!!

I maybe would have bettered my starting score of 15.......................................

I wish I had!!

I maybe would have bettered my starting score of 15.......................................
That is very relevant.  When Tony went after work to have a bit of fun.  He went on one particular layout and feeling tired he came off with 16, realised his errors and then went on again and got 24!  

That is very relevant.  When Tony went after work to have a bit of fun.  He went on one particular layout and feeling tired he came off with 16, realised his errors and then went on again and got 24!  
Nothing wrong with shooting it again,,great learning curve to repeat targets that you misjudge.

And this question of "practice" before a comp ,on the same ranges, is BS ! never should that be allowed. DTL and Skeet etc remain within fixed boundaries, and are much the same target anywhere in the world,,but sporting type targets have a huge variation,and usually unique to a competition, totally unfair for some to shoot them as practice beforehand.  that goes for the setters too ! ( i`ll check if it`s a killable target ?  yea,,, right !)

by all means afterwards, learn from your mistakes , and good for the grounds to make a bit more, at a bit less cost, they have done the work, and you can score yourself on a round.

Latest posts

Back