WORLD COMPAK at Churchills.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a probably stupid question, what's difference between compact and sport trap ?

I have a probably stupid question, what's difference between compact and sport trap ?
The only thing I can remember is sportrap you can double barrel one of a pair but compak you can't you have to attempt to hit them all.  There are differences though.

The only thing I can remember is sportrap you can double barrel one of a pair but compak you can't you have to attempt to hit them all.  There are differences though.
so pretty much same then, I fancy a go ?

One of the pairs in sporttrap is a sim pair.

Compak, at least 6 traps, no regulation sim pairs but optional.

A lot of what is called compak isnt. And a lot of what is called sporttrap isnt.

What were they? Building bonfires with £50 notes.
try boats, there chuffing expensive. My last one a 28' four berth sports cruiser had a V8 250hp petrol stern drive and at 3/4 throttle did 12 gallon per hr, add 3k pa marina berth and 1k pa approx servicing incl anodes and antifouling and your wallet screams with pain. BOAT in boating world stands for Bring Out Another Thousand.

Should have done the Worlds you could have practised before the comp ?
next year I am definitely doing some esp and a compact oh and the double rise EO. Currently shooting DTL at bywel (badly) cant get my competition head on for some reason and am finding it tedious to be honest. I enjoyed the double rise though. If I could get home tomorrow in time I would get me game gun out and shoot esp at dolphin but wont finish till eleven and four hour trip home.

try boats, there chuffing expensive. My last one a 28' four berth sports cruiser had a V8 250hp petrol stern drive and at 3/4 throttle did 12 gallon per hr, add 3k pa marina berth and 1k pa approx servicing incl anodes and antifouling and your wallet screams with pain. BOAT in boating world stands for Bring Out Another Thousand.

next year I am definitely doing some esp and a compact oh and the double rise EO. Currently shooting DTL at bywel (badly) cant get my competition head on for some reason and am finding it tedious to be honest. I enjoyed the double rise though. If I could get home tomorrow in time I would get me game gun out and shoot esp at dolphin but wont finish till eleven and four hour trip home.
Good, we may then get to shoot together.  Was enjoying a round of DTL at my club today and my bottom barrel ejector was preventing a smooth shutting of the gun.  It transpired it was twisted and had a crack in it.  No problem Andy Castle changed it with one of the club gun's so I can continue shooting and will order a new one for me.

look forward to it ?

I need a change, I love the big dtl shoots but ...

I thought there was a nautical side to you and seaman stains !
imagesqtbnANd9GcRbNfUkn5qT-2Hoqg9qO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Or master bates

How did they get away with that program?

What about Are you being served ! Has anybody seen my pussy !
pmsl.gif

Off topic again....in the film Battle of Brittan the flight captain had a black labrador called ----- ?

What were they? Building bonfires with £50 notes.
Waterskiing. Back in 1998 fuel was 200 a day, 250 national kart racing, Mixed gas technical diving, helium is a fortune,  drive to the coast,overnighr accomodation,boat ride out to the wreck then find the vis was poor .All  like building the bonfire.

A 98' Ferretti tied up next to us in Levkas, Greece one day. Chatting to the skipper I discovered that with the throttles opened out it was swallowing 600l of diesel per hour. Crew costs were about £100k per annum, mooring fees, maintenance would probably double that.

Boys and their toys!

Conversely I have found some pass times perceived to be expensive to be very reasonable in comparison in terms of hours or activity per pound.

Waterskiing. Back in 1998 fuel was 200 a day, 250 national kart racing, Mixed gas technical diving, helium is a fortune,  drive to the coast,overnighr accomodation,boat ride out to the wreck then find the vis was poor .All  like building the bonfire.
same here mate, we used to ski back in me yoof and fuel was ridiculous.

A 98' Ferretti tied up next to us in Levkas, Greece one day. Chatting to the skipper I discovered that with the throttles opened out it was swallowing 600l of diesel per hour. Crew costs were about £100k per annum, mooring fees, maintenance would probably double that.

Boys and their toys!

Conversely I have found some pass times perceived to be expensive to be very reasonable in comparison in terms of hours or activity per pound.
yep the sky is the limit with anything boat. Acquaintance of mine invited me Mrs ips and daughter for a day on his 2million quid fly bridge cruiser about ten years ago. He had marina berth at Antibes SofF had a stewardess and a skipper. Anyway he wanted us to fly down for the day from Liverpool his skipper to collect us at airport at 8-30am then cruise to Monte Carlo for lunch then anchor off Ville fraunch and play on his big boys toys, ribs, jet skis etc. Fly home 9pm same day. "just bring spare shorts" he says "stewardess will sort everything else out"

trouble was he only gave me 10hrs notice and I could not work around it. Bugger. :(

just checked out of curiosity and at full throttle....18 gallon per hour. Most fuel I ever put in the tank was four hundred quid and that didn't get it full. I could not bring myself to put anymore in. :)

mate of mine had a bigger boat and he worked out it cost fifty quid in fuel to get from bowness to Ambleside for lunch,,

Latest posts

Back