Who is where this weekend? Trap Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats hapeneing this weekend then peeps? 50 ABT at Ranton or UTR at Southern counties.... decisions decisions....
Ranton sounds good to me. Never been before so another tick in the box.

Does it get busy ?

DT

Nice little club I shot there for 1st time a few weeks ago. Dont take any food its very very very cheap :)

I wont even be near a gun club this weekend! Got rehearsals !!! Should be able to get to the pub though!!! :hyper:

Never shot Ranton before, but told its a cracking club......  Not  shot ABT for over 12 months so could be interesting! . Get the excuses in early I say!!

Never shot Ranton before, but told its a cracking club......  Not  shot ABT for over 12 months so could be interesting! . Get the excuses in early I say!!
Very nice little club and quite "testing" targets. Access seemed pretty good also Mathew !

IPS I forgot to tell you that it is just practice at the NCSC this weekend.

As Saturday looks the better day I think I will head to A1 and maybe Southern Counties on Sunday (if I can get out of bed on Sunday...!!)

Hi Nicola

Thanks for info, not sure if I will be shooting on sunday, would have liked too but have got an eye infection. Right eye is now half closed and both eyes feel like theres a bucket full of sand in em. Antibiotics prescribed by GP dont seem to have done anything yet :(

Hi Nicola

Thanks for info, not sure if I will be shooting on sunday, would have liked too but have got an eye infection. Right eye is now half closed and both eyes feel like theres a bucket full of sand in em. Antibiotics prescribed by GP dont seem to have done anything yet :(
Good grief...poor you...keep bathing them with plain old warm water and cotton wool several times a day to wash away the crap.

It will not be great for the hairstyle getting wet.......but it works well with my dogs :smile:

Cheers will do, if its good enough for your dog its jolly well good enough for me :)

Cheers will do, if its good enough for your dog its jolly well good enough for me :)
Keep cleaning your hands if you even so much as touch your eyes during the day.

That is my OCD quote for the day.

okey doke but its itching like mad so cant promise anything :)

Very nice little club and quite "testing" targets. Access seemed pretty good also Mathew !
Thanks for that,was going to ask about access. I was a lazy toad in the end and just had a bit of practice locally at Griffin Lloyd. Really need to pull my finger out before long and venture down over the border again. Getting lazy.

P.s sorry about the double post, new phone is making an Arse of me.

i went ranton and it was great,nice folk and very cheap,and easy to get around.
Was at Ranton also on Sunday for the first time (shot like a knob though). Nice ground, nice folk and not to far away from home. The food and drinks are incredibly cheap (bring loose change) but no hot options which was dissapointing, especially as I missed breakfast in favour of hot pig when I got there.

Ground was well set up and has two DTL layouts (covered) and one ABT layout (uncovered). The single ABT layout meant that there was a bit of hanging around between lines but the clubhouse is comfortable. ABT shoots are limited to 50 bird due to the single layout.

Its obvious the ground focusses on DTL but has the occassional ABT, single barrel, etc which I will try to attend. The Staffordshire ABT Championships are provisionally booked in for 2nd June (50 Bird).

All in all a good day out.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
DT

they were not the easiest of abt targets when i shot the other week (42 - 50) so dont be too hard on yourself, plus a new ground is always a challenge 1st time.

DT

they were not the easiest of abt targets when i shot the other week (42 - 50) so dont be too hard on yourself, plus a new ground is always a challenge 1st time.
Ha! Keep the excuses coming as I need all the help I can get.  I agree they were tricky targets, particularly as they passed the distant hedge line/tree line. Couple of grass cutters as well?? Thought those had been outlawed in ABT?

On the positive note (forgot to mention earlier) they were good enough to reduce the entry fee for Harry (DT junior) which was most welcome.

Maybe see you there one Sunday?

DT

Yes those low beggars have sposed to have been banished. :)

Hope to see you and DT jnr in the near future.

Ian

Back