White Pheasant

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Between Chipping Norton & Deddington, and what a fine looking fellow he was too, with luck he will bring joy to more tired old codgers 

Was still parading the side of the road this very week, £50 fine eh, that may actually be a lot cheaper than some figures being banded around for 2023-24!!

Some shoots have now brought in a better means of raising funds for the air ambulance - or whatever charity they support - shoot a white pheasant and the other members of the line pay the “fine” which ensures more white are shot and more funds raised

the fine is obviously additional to the cost of the bag so you are paying for the bird (say £65) as part of the bag and 8x £50 on top

Some years ago on a shoot we had finished the drive and waiting to be directed to the next stand. My dog, a Labrador, walked over to nearby clump of tall grass and 'pointed' at something therein. I joined him and saw there was a white pheasant hiding in the grass. I let it be because shoot rules were that you didn't shoot white pheasants. Another gun walked over to the clump off grass put the bird up and shot it. The shoot captain pointed out to the guilty gun that he could pay the fine at lunch time, namely, drinks all round.

Back