Where are all the skeet shooters?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WelshKen

Where are all the skeet shooters on here? No new threads or posts for weeks at a time.. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I will shoot 25 skeet tomorrow with the old Browning GTI on its first outing! Hopefully will take a few pics out and about tomorrow! Be interesting to see what I score with it!!! Fingers crossed!!!

I'm also back to it tomorrow :)  I'm hoping they look like bloody dinner plates following my last few months or registered sporting but will be using the mental and prep techniques :)  Jon.

I am sure you will smoke a few tomorrow mate! /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Andy S said:

Jon, Just remember not to give it a "Shed Load" on the lead like we had to today./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gifAndy
Went OK .. Back into micro lead territory, absolutely mullered everything on the first round for 24ex25, my head cost me L6 on the pair but got the repeat grrr.  Nothing chippy, then missed some silly ones on the second round and ended up on a 21.  Overall 45 for 90% having not shot it for 5 months when before that I was shooting anything up to 1400-1600 ESKSKD birds a month and have shot 125 ESK birds in 5 months. To be honest it was really nice to get back to it, really enjoyed it :)   Will be shooting it more as it will help me stop over leading ESP birds, it was also my first time shooting with one eye closed.  It was quite funny putting what I thought was the lead and seeing the clay get lunched.. I was like Sh*t I hit that hard :)  Cheers, Jon.

Really enjoying my skeet now, shot a 95 at Mid Wales during that awful weather two weeks ago, for 2nd overall and first in class.

This year, I'm hopeful for my first 100 straight.. :D

Yep, I really enjoyed the registered after a 5 months break :)

95 in bad weather is very good going :) I'm sure the ton isn't far off :)

I haven't managed the ton yet, closest is 96 but going to be shooting less this year but concentrating on quality over quantity but needed the break after shooting like a blindfolded muppet at the British Open last year (78) having shot 94 and 96 the week before in practice.

Let your skeet shooting friends know about us here at SC, they will be more than welcome to our community.

Cheers,

Jon.

Hi Jon, most of my friends shoot sporting and have no real interest in skeet..

Saying that, they've joined the Welsh Skeet Club, so maybe I can convert a few.

Just like you, I can't shoot all that much due to dwindling finances, so this year 'quality over quantity' is the way to go.

I have been shooting a lot more sporting and dabbling with FITASC since August and will continue to do so however still love my skeet and need to get back out and practice more but take it far more seriously :)

Cheers,

Jon.

I hope to have a pop at some skeet this year. I'll be watchng out for any meet-ups

think im going to have a pop at the BO skeet this year, that could be a meet up or even a 'shootclay' squad

There will be a SkeetUp at some point but more than happy to meet up at the NCSC and introduce you to skeet :)

Be warned, it can be addictive :)

Jon.

Do you know the venue's and date's for the E/O and B/O Jon?

CPSA calendar is still provisional and could change. Currently dates are as follows:

English Open - Dartford CSC - 11th-13th May 2012

British Open - Nottingham and District GC - 17th-19th August

I'll be at both, one to shoot and also live blog for the site :)

Jon.

Latest posts

Back