Well worth a read.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone who thinks osk targets are easy has never shot them :)
Shredder,

I am with you on this.... i have over the years shot nearly all the "base" disciplines (not done Helice) and IMO the hardest targets i have ever shot are OSK.  I would say Double Trap & FITASC is up there too but for me they are both fractionally less extreme than OSK.

OSK is a game for the young, insane, extremely talented  and people who bleed green (aliens) when you cut them open. Its that frickin hard!!

Plus to top it all you still need to hit them all.

As for the list its very subjective as the tendency would be for shooters to always favour the shooters from their discipline and country of origin. In my case i would have Wayne Mayes higher as some of things he did in NSSA skeet will never be equalled or bettered by anyone and definitely not by a non dedicated skeet discipline shooter  (certainly in our lifetimes) - having said that i would struggle as reading about the shooters on the list they sound impressive and i do not know enough to judge them any lower.

The Top 20 World’s Greatest Competitive Shotgunners
1. George Digweed ENG Sporting / Double Trap
2. Michael Diamond AUS International Trap / Double Trap
3. Kimberly Rhode USA Int. Skeet / Double Trap / American Skeet
4. Leo Harrison lll USA American Trap
5. Matthew Dryke USA International Skeet
6. Richard Faulds ENG Sporting / Double Trap
7. Giovanni Pellielo ITA International Trap
8. Wayne Mayes USA American Skeet

Last edited by a moderator:
Go out and shoot each one and tell me what one you think is the easiest. Bet it's not osk.

Go out and shoot each one and tell me what one you think is the easiest. Bet it's not osk.
The routine disciplines take a different kind of person to master them, I personally wouldn't fit that profile and it isn't about me but statistically it is provably one of the easier ones. 

Aye, try shooting OSK targets from 50+ yds further back at a FITASC  shoot and then tell me OSK is the hardest to shoot...

Back