Well man - or not?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it is conflicting, as I said in previous post statins and or blood pressure medication is prescribed based on your personal probability of heart disease. Family history age lifestyle etc etc all play a part. my father RIP died of a heart attack at 57 he didn't drink but did smoke he was as fit as a fiddle and I never ever remember him being ill apart from a bad back once when he was about 40. Because he was never ill he never went to a GP so his blood pressure and cholesterol etc was never checked this was 1991 before GP's started to worry about you when you turned middle age now as soon as you hit 50ish there prodding and poking and prescribing in order to keep you alive a bit longer so that you can pay taxes as long as possible (I am not synical you understand) anyway I often wonder if my dad had gone to the doctors with an eye infection (for instance) as I did when I was 49 they may have said ooh we haven't seen you before and give him a good prod and a poke and prescribed whatever and he "May" just may have lived longer. I am not one for doctors for every single problem so rarely go and say hello however with an obvious eye infection which I knew required antibiotics or summat I reluctantly went and with hind sight it was probably a good thing as they found I had hypertension and cholesterol was a tad high (it isn't now thanks to statins and blood pressure is now under control)

so my medical tip for the day is gentlemen if you haven't been ill for a while develop a minor ailment and let your GP have a prod and a poke at your bits and bobs you never know it may extend your life.
Since I turned 50, my doctor has started calling me in each year for an MOT.

Can't be a bad thing really.

Haven't had any fiddling with the prostate yet, but I guess it's only a matter of time. :startle:

Yes me too about every 3 months for the last year and a half until he got his medicinal mixture / concoction at the right amount. Like you I haven't had the pleasure of a prostrate but a friend recently had one carried out by a student nurse he is a comedian to say the least and as the young ladies finger entered him he said "I usually have to pay for this kind of thing"

Do you mean it gets worse......

I must confess I did ask my sons girlfriend (newly qualified doctor) to check mine on the basis I'd feel more releaxed if it was someone I knew.

Strangely enough, my rationale didnt seem to apply with her for some reason...

A brave man indeed, but you would think the ungrateful young lady would have been glad of the practice.

Never thought of asking prospective daughter in law to do the check up.

Probably best not to run that past mrs h.
I'm thinking if you want something left worth checking probably best not too.

Just hope you don't have to have a camera thingy shoved up to check your prostate, not too bad just a tad uncomfortable as you're lying on the table while the big camera is fed up a tiny tube, THEN the doc says right I'm just going to take a biopsy it may hurt a bit, they get the two biggest nurses in the hospital to lay on top of you and clamp you to the table followed by an excruciating pain. Once the two nurses have recovered from the concussion of hitting their heads off the ceiling and your fingers have been prized out of the roof with a crow bar they wheel you back through to the ward couple of hours later you're allowed home but the misery hasn't ended as you feel like you're pi55ing glass for the next couple of days.

Very worthwhile to check if everything is OK.......but 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hope you don't have to have a camera thingy shoved up to check your prostate, not too bad just a tad uncomfortable as you're lying on the table while the big camera is fed up a tiny tube, THEN the doc says right I'm just going to take a biopsy it may hurt a bit, they get the two biggest nurses in the hospital to lay on top of you and clamp you to the table followed by an excruciating pain. Once the two nurses have recovered from the concussion of hitting their heads off the ceiling and your fingers have been prized out of the roof with a crow bar they wheel you back through to the ward couple of hours later you're allowed home but the misery hasn't ended as you feel like you're pi55ing glass for the next couple of days.

Very worthwhile to check if everything is OK.......but 
Great....looks like my old age is shaping up nicely.

I was a Male prostitute till I retired, now I am writing a book on how to be an expert on all aspects of shooting in 3 months. :crazy:

Latest posts

Back