Visit Italy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldabt

Is a European Firearms pass enough official documentation when visiting Italy with a Shotgun ?

I've never had to show anything else when arriving at an Italian airport. When driving over Customs is in UK and they're only interested in SGC. 

Is a European Firearms pass enough official documentation when visiting Italy with a Shotgun ?
Take both.. in the tunnel and ferry they look at them and check the numbers.

Don't be tempted or guided by those that say you don't need to tell them on the tunnel or ferry or show them your tickets if you are stopped.

There are now signs up saying your in deep do do if you don't declare them beforehand.

Security checks have been stepped up and you are likely to get the car checked. 

The last 2 times I've gone to France for other reasons than shooting,  the car has been searched.  

Conversely - on a  recent trip, we went to declare them, and got waved straight through. 

I use the tunnel about 4 times a year for the last 15 years - and have been searched once. 

That said - the advice is 100% correct, you need your SGC, EFP and usual passport for ID on all trips with your gun abroad, and I would declare them on the tunnel as a matter of course.  On the plane, you have no choice - you have to pay for, and book them in, and go through the airport process of checking them through and following the directions of the airline. 

It's worth whatever you go through - shooting abroad is one of lifes great pleasures. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back