up, down or middle aged mediocrity?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Just had a look and Damnit I sneaked into B in sporting by .2 by the looks of it.

Skeet is still C as I didn't have that many scores in issue 44 but issue 45 looks rosy, after the two 90+ at the weekend go on my adjusted will be 90.1 :D Straight to A next time round? Hell yeah :D

I've stayed in B for sporting....but not by much as my averages haven't really changed from when I sneaked in last time round.

When I was younger and played a lot of racquet sports if I tried harder I generally got better...the opposite seems to apply in this game....is it the sport or my age....or both?

From what I can see about sport is you need to get wound up with controlled aggression for games such as football , rugby , tennis etc but for shooting a more opposite approach is best , more relaxed and laid back approach will work better .

Example how many times have you missed clays you know you can hit , chew a nail in half , take it to your next stand and cock that up as well

So chill out and like I said in other thread enjoy it !!!!

Stayed in A class for sporting but my average has dropped abysmally from a couple of classifications ago. Combination of now wearing prescription glasses for a weak right eye when i shoot, shooting new grounds whilst staying away from the ones I can shoot and pure incompetence. The pure incompetence seems to be the only thing I am consistent at though.

To be honest I can't be arsed to work it out. 

It'll all be there for everybody to see in a few days - it is what it is !

Have never chased a classification - its just not what drives or excites me. I'm just REALLY happy to be out there still doing it.

Good luck though to those who it means more to than me - hope you get what you want  :sarcastic:

To be honest I can't be arsed to work it out.

It'll all be there for everybody to see in a few days - it is what it is !

Have never chased a classification - its just not what drives or excites me. I'm just REALLY happy to be out there still doing it.

Good luck though to those who it means more to than me - hope you get what you want :sarcastic:
Why join the CPSA on a competition membership then?

"Why join the CPSA on a competition membership then?"

Because I always go out to shoot my best and will always strive to do better, but knowing whether I am in A, B or C will have no bearing whatsoever on how successful my scores are at any particular competition.

Like I said . . . it is what it is . . . . my scores will dictate it and I would be very happy if my classification improved, but it sure as hell isn't what drives me to go out there every week and shoot registered shoots as much as possible.

At my age I do this for fun and some sense of personal achievement if I happen to feel I shot well, and that might have nothing to do with an overall score, but just really pleased that I shot a certain stand particularly well. But just because I may not "Aspire" to reach the dizzy heights that some may do, you should not assume that I do not enjoy the excitement, friendship, camaraderie, challenge, and downright enjoyment of shooting competition.

So, if its all the same to you mate, I will continue shooting competition and still not be arsed to work out my classification when it is going to be available in a few days anyway.  :prankster:

Looking like I will miss A class in UT by 0.1!! how bloody annoying!
Sid

I call that a result !!! Lots of B class honours for you this year!! (or six months anyway).

I've managed to keep my D class in all trap deciplines  :biggrin:  (not on purpose I might add)

DT

"Why join the CPSA on a competition membership then?"

Because I always go out to shoot my best and will always strive to do better, but knowing whether I am in A, B or C will have no bearing whatsoever on how successful my scores are at any particular competition.

Like I said . . . it is what it is . . . . my scores will dictate it and I would be very happy if my classification improved, but it sure as hell isn't what drives me to go out there every week and shoot registered shoots as much as possible.

At my age I do this for fun and some sense of personal achievement if I happen to feel I shot well, and that might have nothing to do with an overall score, but just really pleased that I shot a certain stand particularly well. But just because I may not "Aspire" to reach the dizzy heights that some may do, you should not assume that I do not enjoy the excitement, friendship, camaraderie, challenge, and downright enjoyment of shooting competition.

So, if its all the same to you mate, I will continue shooting competition and still not be arsed to work out my classification when it is going to be available in a few days anyway. :prankster:
L.O.L! Whatever dude. It was an honest question. I don't have the inclination to be 'Etough' in my reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Classifications are now up managed to stay in the lower class in all trap disciplines (except DTL)  :oops:

However for ABT my scores show only 350 targets shot in the issue period but my classification shows 450 targets and I have dropped a score (63) which does not appear anywhere in my scores? Doesn't change any thing classification wise but just curious as to where this dropped score came from and why doesn't it appear on my scores page?

Any ideas?

DT

OK Classifications are now up managed to stay in the lower class in all trap disciplines (except DTL)  :oops:

However for ABT my scores show only 350 targets shot in the issue period but my classification shows 450 targets and I have dropped a score (63) which does not appear anywhere in my scores? Doesn't change any thing classification wise but just curious as to where this dropped score came from and why doesn't it appear on my scores page?

Any ideas?

DT
Your present scores are period 45, which started November 1st 2012.

Your classification is period 44 (now completed of course) which was from May 1st 12 to April 30th 13.

You can see all period 44 scores by clicking 44 on your scores report.

Yep confirmed B sporting and C skeet. 6 months of bagging in skeet then :D

Any ideas?

DT
DT

If you look on your averages page (log in required) you will see that score on the 30-9-12 shaded out at the bottom it was obviously 10% lower than your average and was dropped / adjusted targets

"6 months of bagging in skeet then"

Hi Fuz - do be wary 'cos this Skeet lark can have a nasty habit of jumping up and biting you in the arse just when you feel you've cracked it.

Dangerous talk to start thinking that you'll be having a sandbagging wipe up in C class.

You are doing well though so keep at it mate  :keeporder:

Your present scores are period 45, which started November 1st 2012.

Your classification is period 44 (now completed of course) which was from May 1st 12 to April 30th 13.

You can see all period 44 scores by clicking 44 on your scores report.
Arrrrggggghhhhhhhhh......now I see how it works. :thumbsu:

Classifications are adjusted 6 monthly based on the previous 12 months scores. Got it!

Thanks for the reply.

DT

Latest posts

Back