Trap and/versus Sporting barrels.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one of the Ljutic Spaceguns.  It was serial# 0000 - the fourth prototype.  It was fine gun for ATA trap but of course useless for anything else.  It was likely the seminal gun for the high rib fad.  ATA shooters in general will take any fad to its absurd extreme for some of the most innovative reasons beyond belief.  Tho I do recall a pic of a sheikh with a way high rib Beretta SxS hahaha - he only won the world's SxS championship with it IIRC. 

image.png

As per Wikipedia, Saeed bin Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum is a member of the ruling family of Dubai, equestrian, businessman and a former Olympian sport shooter. He owns international award-winning horses and a UAE football club.

He has a few years on me, but my resume seems comparatively light 😷

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, check out the vast width of stock he has on that thing. He could all-but-mount it and still be on the edge of his ISSF marker, which is probably the why but it looks odd. 

My DT10 trap guns have 'trap' stamped on the barrels, so it's possible there's a difference between them and sporting barrels in the way they're set up for POI. 

It was rumoured a few years ago that Daniele Perazzi wanted the bottom barrel set up to throw a higher POI than the top barrel. The reasoning was that trap targets are rising and a higher POI takes care of that with the first shot, for a second barrel shot the target trajectory has flattened off and a slightly lower POI with the second barrel would prevent a miss over the top. I don't know whether a test gun was built this way for a factory sponsored shooter to prove/disprove this theory or whether it's an elaborate Italian wind up. 

I don't recall there was much difference in POI between bottom and top barrel shots with my MX8 and MX2000 when I shot at the factory pattern plate in the test tunnel. 

Back