THE Troy Foods Classic FITASC - New Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James as usual you have misread my post, I'm not surprised, must be hard for you.

Pretty sure the last GB selection shoot I shot was £99, anyway, not it's not patronising, don't use selection shoots, majors or events like these to learn how to shoot fitasc, learn to shoot at registered shoots and when you enter these types of events try and aspire to putting in a performance and not end up whinging it was too hard. And nowhere did I suggest there wouldn't be any C/D class shooters, that was just your interpretation, if you want to drive 5 hours to compete then knock yourself out, quite literally... Oh and next time, make sure you quote my entire post so everyone can you are perfectly balanced, chips on both shoulders... :biggrin:

Steve, just looking to find out the format (not haveing a go at you, nor do I have an agenda, I'm just puzzled how to fit 150 into 4 layouts) as I've never shot 150 FITASC over 4 layouts yet...150 over 4 layouts gives you 2 x 37 and 2 x 38, you said earlier 8 hoops and two refs per sub layout. so, each ref will have 4 hoops on a sub layout and either 18 or 19 targets, 3 singles per hoop = 12, so your left with either 6 or 7 left for doubles (depending whether it's a 37 or 38) so, how does it work? Will one hoop on each sub layout be singles only, you could make it 160 and that would give you 3 singles and one double each hoop or will it go to 3 hoops per sub layout or something else I've not thought about? :)

I hope the demand for the thursday has exhausted...I much prefer to shoot in a squad of 6!!! :thumbsup:

"free food/tea/coffey"...Are you mad...have you seen how much some clay shooters eat!!! Brave man...

p.s.any chance of water rather than tea/coffey? :)

Think you might have missed steves point dynamic, while he might make a few quid on this shoot there are others he may not and over the year he makes profit. If you break it down to an hourly wage i bet the hours on the quadbike and all the planning, moaning (customers, not just Steve) he ain't on that much. I am sure the business as a whole turns over alot and nets a great return. If you are really that bothered have a look on companies house for "the clay shooting company" pay your £4 and get his full business acounts or you could just enjoy the great targets he throws.

Last edited by a moderator:
:whistle:

James as usual you have misread my post, I'm not surprised, must be hard for you.

Pretty sure the last GB selection shoot I shot was £99, anyway, not it's not patronising, don't use selection shoots, majors or events like these to learn how to shoot fitasc, learn to shoot at registered shoots and when you enter these types of events try and aspire to putting in a performance and not end up whinging it was too hard. And nowhere did I suggest there wouldn't be any C/D class shooters, that was just your interpretation, if you want to drive 5 hours to compete then knock yourself out, quite literally... Oh and next time, make sure you quote my entire post so everyone can you are perfectly balanced, chips on both shoulders... :biggrin:
No Matt, nope, I didn't missread your post...I read your post very carefully!!! If you skim through it, it reads as I have quoted you(again very carefully). The 'tone' is patronising in places, (you may not mean it, you may not be aware of it) as are many of your fitasc related posts, the thing is, you are on the FITASC sporting sub committee...so, the question begs, what way might you try to influence (assuming you actually can influence anything) competitions that C/D classes might wan't to partisipate in??? No one except you has mentioned useing "selection shoots, majors or events like these to learn how to shoot fitasc"!!! There are plenty of people who have shot for years but for one reason of another are in C/D class, they are not 'learning' in the 'new' or 'begginer' sence...but, we are all learning!!! the 5 hour drive is because even C class guys are "serious" about there shooting!!! Oh, and the reason your post was only selectivly quoted (I'll tell you twice to let you take it in) was to point out to you that the tone was patronising...maybe it's you who is perfectly balanced with your 'chip on both shoulders'... ;)

Matt Norris, last 150 FITASC sporting was Southdown, March 29-30 2014, 46th place, 21st in B, 137x150, 3 ahead of the top C class learner on 134x150, entry fee £105 http://www.bictsf.com/fitasc_uploads/FITASC%20Sporting%20Entry%20Form%202014.pdf tell me, without all those C/D class learners cluttering up the shoot Matt...how much would they have had to charge to make the same money running the shoot?

I don't know much about FITASC, I know even less about running a shoot and the associated costs.

I do know that forums allow people to convey their opinions and that the tone in which posts are intended is almost impossible to get right all of the time.

Leave the personal insults out and discuss the topic in hand please then everyone can benefit from the opinions and knowledge that is imparted.

Ta.

I have to agree james it does come over as patronising maybe not meant to

Well that is the trouble with forums, intonation is relevant to the reader and is often different to how the writer intended. 

James you really do need to think before you type, you clearly have zero understanding of how the sub committee works in FITASC, if you did have a clue you would know your statement about "you are on the FITASC sporting sub committee...so, the question begs, what way might you try to influence (assuming you actually can influence anything) competitions that C/D classes might wan't to partisipate (sic) in???" is complete horse sh*t. Pretty much like 99% of what you attempt to write. I couldn't really careless if you or anyone else think it's patronising or not. Enjoy your 5 hour drive...

...complete horse sh*t. Pretty much like 99% of what you attempt to write. I couldn't really careless if you or anyone else think it's patronising or not. Enjoy your 5 hour drive...
WOW...so glad your on the sub committee, I can tell your a real listener with the good of everyone at heart!!! Go you!!! :blink:   :unsure:   :snooks:

Shootclay Admin

Could you please provide an 'utter disbelief' emoticon as I have a need for one.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
great advertising this is guys , keep going were nearly full .

the sponsors , a great friend of mine , who alot of you know wanted to give a little something back to the sport and most importantly give all A , B , C , D class shooters a chance of winning some serious money , blaze publishing have also matched the offer and then we added another chunk in off our bottom line , edgar brothers have kindly sponsored the gun for the final on sunday afternoon and a seperate set of targets will be set up for this not just hoops kicked to the side , this will be dressed up with zoli flags and banners , thats it plain and simple .

the format , i first invented doing 150 fitasc in one day 3 years ago the first was a great success and entries have built since then , so the format will be the same with the only difference is the super final shoot off 

the layouts each will have 4 hoops on them so you will go out shoot 2 hoops then that ref will pass you onto another ref for another 2 hoops to finish your layout , in the meantime the first ref will start a new squad on the first 2 hoops you started on .simples 

you will have between 30 and 40 mins between layouts as normal , the catering is all included in the price and will be no different to our normal sundays .

in the course of 150 clays you will encounter somewhere between 65 and 75 different traps , havent finalised plans yet , or to be honest thought much about the targets yet as other shoots dictate at present , so lack of variety it wont be , it will be set with all abilities in mind i can assure you of that one 

so if you havent booked i would get on and do it as this fitasc is not one to miss 

it will be run as an annual event also from this year 

steve

Hi Steve, can you book two of us in for Saturday, later squad if possible. The girlfriend can't make it so it's just me and GavB!

Cheers Jane

hi nimbusgb you are booked for the saturday , can you please send us your full name and email address please .

calamity , that must be disappointing for you as i know how you were looking forward to a night away with her ,never mind theres always the shooting and yes you two are booked in for saturday too 

thankyou steve

WOW...so glad your on the sub committee, I can tell your a real listener with the good of everyone at heart!!! Go you!!! :blink:   :unsure:   :snooks:
James - it's very easy to sit behind a keyboard and enlighten us all with your insight in to shooting, I however, decided to get involved and be pro active in the sport that I love and that I want to see improve. And you are correct I am a listener, I listen to anyone who has anything constructive to say or who wants anything added to the committee meeting agenda. 

You or any other shooter are more than welcome to put yourself forward for a place on the committee and help drive the sport forward, you can also email any one of us and if you would like anything specific raised and discussed.

Anyway back to the Troy Foods Classic, Steve I hope this event is sold out and and I also hope it will re-establish the Classic FITASC on the shooting calendar, maybe we could use it next year as one of the selection shoots :)

calamity , that must be disappointing for you as i know how you were looking forward to a night away with her ,never mind theres always the shooting and yes you two are booked in for saturday too 

thankyou steve
Yes, disappointing I know but we still have the classic weekend ;)

Thanks for booking Gav and I in for Saturday.

Jane

emmmm  selection shoot , dont know about that as too many averages may be battered , im keen to keep these shoots as our own product such as this and the gold cup 

Yeah I get that, (you can text me) how many entries have you had for the classic? I think want you are doing would be great sa a selection shoot, but understand if you wouldn't want that...

hi nimbusgb you are booked for the saturday , can you please send us your full name and email address please .

thankyou steve
Tried to send you a PM but I think your inbox may be full. Sent a contact with details via your website.

MM...... I do not think that you can use super sporting or UK type Fitasc for selecting GBR teams....

I think it has to be selected on true Fitasc.

Hope the Troy is a great shoot. The Hippie is very generous getting involved as the sponsor. Glad they sorted out the frac with CS.

(Think there has been a lot of emotional reaction on this thread ....and unnecessarily.......if I am being honest (reading from my bed in Madrid munching my breakfast)....because the guy who asked the original delving question (Dave, Bob, Kevin, whatever) was not actually rude to Steve......or have a bad tone.....he just unfortunately asked an impertinent set of questions. Then the wagons rounded. Steve had a thrombie...... Then some of you made me Laugh out Loud....spill the coffee on the beautiful white linen sheets......!! I especially giggled at the MM versus Scot bit. I reckon MM won that one :laugh:

Anyway like Steve said.....it is full.....so a great success !!

Hope all those shooting it have a really great time......whatever class you are.

Steve always puts a good shoot on....he is never restricted by federation bollocks rules etc etc.....always there on the shoot to make sure everything is running well. And it is very true that no one sees all the hard work and long days lugging things around and planning the various clever layouts

Hope it is televised.....because Clayshooting.tv is getting really quite good now.

(Psssssst. MM only...... Ninja mode........ MM don't bother about your Fitasc scores being pulled out by.....'you know who....auk the nooooo' ....because he thinks that everyone loves scores like he does.......his first time abroad.....will sort that out... :wink: and an introduction to the 'real world' :wink: )

Back