THE Troy Foods Classic FITASC - New Thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does this event have a £120 price tag when all the prizes are sponsored? GB selection shoots of 150 targets are put on for around £50-£60 the rest of the entry going to BICTSF. Only difference is the refs are paid by BICTSF. Maybe some of the sponsors get refunded if the entry is filled? It appears that the real winner here by about an extra 20K is the ground owner!

Why does this event have a £120 price tag when all the prizes are sponsored? GB selection shoots of 150 targets are put on for around £50-£60 the rest of the entry going to BICTSF. Only difference is the refs are paid by BICTSF. Maybe some of the sponsors get refunded if the entry is filled? It appears that the real winner here by about an extra 20K is the ground owner!
Get your facts straight, GB selection shoots cost £105 to enter, there is no free food/drink included, there is no massive prize fund to shoot for, if you don't like the £120 entry fee you don't have to enter, but sitting here looking at the squad list...plenty do fancy a crack at this!!!

You think Steve Lovatt is making 20k profit from running this? Good luck to him if he is...but I doubt it!!!

Ed, have you ever shot a FITASC shoot with a prize fund like the classic before??? (Excluding Dubai)

And even if Steve WAS making 20k - it would be none of our business.... shooting is not a mutual business where we all take a dividend, or a charity - people are allowed to make a profit. 

The prizefund, and targets will attract people (and the squad lists are full) - if you don't fancy it, or don't fancy Steve making a few quid for his holiday fund, then don't go. 

James you are correct the GB selections do cost £105, but as I said only £50 to £60 goes to the ground which covers ALL costs except the refs. You are also correct about free food and drink, it will be interesting to hear about that after the event. The massive prize fund has been very generously given by companies/people it is not coming from the entry fee.

Ed as for the maths if other grounds are putting 150 FITASC on for the cost I have mentioned earlier (and they are) that leaves al least £60 per entry as an extra over and above what other grounds would charge which includes any margin they make. Therefore 12 squads per day 7 man ( not 6 extra greed ) squads = 84 shooters x 4 days = 336 shooters x £60 = £20160 remember this is in addition to the normal profits made. Yes the refs and free snacks will be out of this. While we are on the subject I may have my maths out a little as I have heard that Promatic are giving the clays, so more money for the ground owner!

It seems to me that maybe Sponsorship could be better delivered to the shooters. This way is just a get rich quick way for the ground owners.

I must be honest, I much prefer shooting FITASC in 6 man squads...I've shot in plenty of 7 man squads to know 6 works better!!!

Steve, quick question, I'm guessing its 2 layouts of 37 and 2 layouts of 38 shot old system,  new system or semi new system? How many hoops per layout?

Steve, quick question, I'm guessing its 2 layouts of 37 and 2 layouts of 38 shot old system,  new system or semi new system? How many hoops per layout?
James don't give him ideas...!!!! The very least it has to be 6 x 25 ( by the way if its correct about the clays been given that would be approx another 4K for the ground owner)

James don't give him ideas...!!!! The very least it has to be 6 x 25 ( by the way if its correct about the clays been given that would be approx another 4K for the ground owner)
Well, there are only 4 squads starting each start time, so 6x25 is unlikley!!!

Promatic giving away £4k of clays...no chance!!!

Dynamic, You have a very simplistic view of what it entails to set up a shoot like this. You have forgot ground rent , insurance, transport to and from the greenfield site,car park staff,advertising and thats just what I can think of, I am sure there is a lot more. Just out of interest how much do you think he should be allowed to make?.

Dynamic, You have a very simplistic view of what it entails to set up a shoot like this. You have forgot ground rent , insurance, transport to and from the greenfield site,car park staff,advertising and thats just what I can think of, I am sure there is a lot more. Just out of interest how much do you think he should be allowed to make?.
Chris

My point is not to restrict what he makes just the way he makes it. All the costs you have raised are still applicable to a GB selection. (Where you shoot 6 man squads and 25 target layouts), which are covered in the £50-£60 that the ground gets from the entry. 

What justification is there for inflating the entry fee on the back of sponsors generosity to swell your own pockets?????

Just my 2penth worth.
The Clay shooting company is a business.
There aim is to make money through providing a service.
If people are willing to pay what they are asking for the entry it means they are doing a good job.
Thank goodness no forum exists to analyse my business.
I fully support them.

What justification is there for inflating the entry fee on the back of sponsors generosity to swell your own pockets?????
Well - he can just say the words 'its a premier event' - thats enough.... he can charge what he wants, and make what he wants - thats business.

Only he knows how much he could charge before everyone walks away,  feels like he has got this one 'just right' - it's filling up well in advance. 

BTW - I am not a defender of Clay Shooting Company - they don't advertise with me, and I spend a lot going to their events - this is purely a business judgement.

Good event = busy events = pay a premium to shoot at them.

What Jem said!

When we shooters are under threat from various corners - anti's, no lead, mass slaughter of fluffy, cute stuff - the last thing we need is to revisit that boring old chestnut about how much those nasty, avaricious ground owners are making out of us poor, destitute, hard done by clay shooters, and how they (the ground owners) should pity us and subsidise our hobby so we can buy better guns, fancier cars and drink more beer...

The Clay Shooting Company are fully entitled to make as much money as they see fit, IMHO - if we don't like it, we won't go.  Not me, of course, I love the shoots Steve and Ally put on!

Well, there are only 4 squads starting each start time, so 6x25 is unlikley!!!

Promatic giving away £4k of clays...no chance!!!
43,000 Clays donated by Promatic according to the Clay shooting magazine website...!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

Well - he can just say the words 'its a premier event' - thats enough.... he can charge what he wants, and make what he wants - thats business.

Only he knows how much he could charge before everyone walks away,  feels like he has got this one 'just right' - it's filling up well in advance. 

BTW - I am not a defender of Clay Shooting Company - they don't advertise with me, and I spend a lot going to their events - this is purely a business judgement.

Good event = busy events = pay a premium to shoot at them.
Matt I agree entirely, just bringing it to peoples attention tho. We all look for value for money in most everything we do, 

The answer is simple - want to shoot an event with a big prize pool? Then shut up and get yer £120 out... Don't want to spend £120, then shut up and go and shoot skeet... Simples  :biggrin:

The answer is simple - want to shoot an event with a big prize pool? Then shut up and get yer £120 out... Don't want to spend £120, then shut up and go and shoot skeet... Simples  :biggrin:
Of course i want to shoot for the big prizes as everyone, (not that I am good enough to win any) But you guys that are our countries finest shots seem to be blinded by the attraction of the sponsored prizes, which in fact should be more than double if the ground owner put back into the shoot the normal payback per entry. 

I don't think they are blinded. They have a good chance of coming away with the top prizes but many more "not so excellent shots" (no disrespect anyone) enter who haven't a chance of coming away with top prizes. There is one certainty and that is they are assured of an excellent test of their abilities as Steve has proven himself over and over again and that is what they most want and will pay for.

Latest posts

Back