The beretta 95, collection, rare or not ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

I have a beretta 95 collection for sale ( on shoot bay ) and wondered how rare they now are,

You used to see quite a few on the clay circuit, ( multi coloured stock and fore end )

Never really used it much and wondered what the general opinion of them was ?

I had genuinely never heard of them before now but had seen multi coloured stocks before. It looks like a gun intended for youngsters and reasonable price for a nearly new Beretta.

Yes quite rare i remember when they came out different to say the least. Not everyone's bag but girls liked them i seem to remember. Underneath you have a very good 682 action from same stable as the gold. As for value i would say slightly more than a gold of same era but fewer buyers i would imagine.

edit

ps, I think its cheap at that price as good condition original gold are 1200 ish or were last time I looked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes ips, I have just picked up a 20 year old gold trap in mint condition, it's 31 inch and been Teagued, bought off a lad who used to shoot trap for Wales, it's been in the cabinet the last 15 years

I've been shooting sporting with it the last few weeks and it's a joy to shoot, looking forward to to first welsh team qualifier ( sporting ) tomorrow

Imo the 682 gold is the best gun beretta ever made, way better than the modern E and the 31" barell was a joy to shoot. Wish i still had mine.

Good luck with it ashley a good buy.

Imo the 682 gold is the best gun beretta ever made, way better than the modern E and the 31" barell was a joy to shoot. Wish i still had mine.

Good luck with it ashley a good buy.
About 20 years ago I purchased a 682 Supersport with 30" ported barrels (recommended by the one and only Sean Bramley) I kept this for almost 13 Years, this was an awesome handling gun. I part chopped this for my ceasure guirini 7 years ago when the finances were tight - boy I wish I could buy it back

I know how you feel mate, these things seem like a good idea at the time. Funny how you can fall out with a gun and then realise it wasn't the guns fault :(

I first had a gold many years ago when they were the new kid on the block, it was a sporter29 inch barrels, and like you 2 lads regret the day I sold it. That's why when the chance came to buy the trap ( Teagued ) version I had to have it, I gave £1150 and the deal included 250 superb's

Last edited by a moderator:
Price sounds right and a flick through my many gun receipts shows that my brand new one in 94 cost £1250 so anyone lucky enough to still have one has not lost a penny on it, how many things can you buy and keep for 20 yrs and not depreciate. A good bargaining tool for the Mrs next time anyone needs to justify a new gun me thinks. "its an investment my dear"

I thought they looked cool, and was seriusly tepted when i was looking for my first gun,

Sadly non adjustable comb, and worrys about the resale value disuaded me :)

Mart

Yes i think there cool in an aquired taste kind of way same as chrome barrels i spose. There certainly not common so theoretically should deserve more value than a std gold. I think i only remember one bloke and maybe two girlies shooting them in the 90s prob one of those collectible sleepers that you have and get out for fun every now and then. Certainly would get some attention that's for sure.

Ashley, funny old things those collection 95's and 97's. When I worked in the gunshop, which was about when they first came out, we sold loads of them, just couldn't get enough and the secondhand market was strong. Particularly popular with the younger shooters, as someone has said, or the more flamboyant characters as they certainly got you noticed. Then they sort of fell out of favour a bit as some people had issues in the rain. One guy I remember said it was like trying to hold onto an eel when it was raining, but he did polish his with furiture polish, so that explained that one!

A lot of people had the timber stripped and the wood re-finished, which gave various results. The wood on some was either bland like balsa wood, or reasonable but sometimes made up of 2 or 3 sections. I suppose they wouldn't use their best timber and then hide it, so we used to persuade people not ot strip them.

I think now, you have a little piece of history if you have the original painted stock and fore-end. The actions are classic Beretta 680 series (never was sure if it was 686 or 682 based as they all  became about the same at that time) but will certainly be as good as any other Beretta (and you know I am biased towards them). One day I'm sure they will be collectable and you can be sure no two are alike, so it is unique.

Just don't take it out on your special driven days. You may get some funny looks!!   :biggrin:

Pretty sure it was 682 action top dog but as you know there pretty much the same anyway. If its adj trigger which i am sure it will be then that's a give away as i don't think 686 in any outfit has had adj. Although if anyone is interested you can have a 682 adj trigger fitted for about 150

Memory faded a bit Ips, must have handled dozens of them, but I don't remember them being adjustable trigger. I think the matt black action is throwing me a bit maybe as it reminds me of the original Onyx models which were 686 'ish?

Ashley says he has 682 wood on it so I guess you are right? Bring back the old wide actioned 680's I say. You know where you are with them!!

For the record, someone mentioned having a 682 Supersport, 30" ported. That is my "Holy Grail" gun bought back in 1992 and still my main gun. Never seen another quite like this one. Very slim woodwork and a cracking bit of timber, light as a game gun but doesn't kick like a mule or filp badly due to the porting. They're going to have to nail this one in the box with me when I go!  :biggrin:

I bought a 682 stock and forend to go on it when I was doing a lot peg days cos the multi couloured ones are bright to say the least.

As said In first post it comes with both lots of woodwork and has had little use, a bargain for someone, I'm trying to raise some cash for a nice o/u 410 for a bit of fun ferreting on my mates estate , fancying a nice browning or beretta m/c if funds allow

Back