The Barn Door

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it one day you can hit the "Barn Door"

The next day you can't hit " A Barn Door"
Cos  where I live, there ain't no Barns !

Been there, done that THIS WEEK already !

Last edited by a moderator:
if it makes you feel any better me and my mate couldn't even hit the barn yesterday let alone its door. Skeet was the future but we have quickly fallen out with the stupid thing. Oh and we tried comps 21g which by the score had no shot in at all.

as for westleys auto ...... Were do I start.

Me too today....worst performance for a long time.....trying hard to (a) not get depressed (b) not change my gun and (c) not swap my gear for a train set.

thing is if most of us did not have barn door days we would all be AA and it would be boring.

no I didn't believe any of that either, and I wrote it. :)

Well I had a good day, two wins - joint first in C class at Southdown ESP 75/100 and ladies 1st at Horne 83/100.  Not so good on Southdown Compak as had a wobble third layout for some unknown reason but finished on 72/100.

Rosso the sticks came in handy ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I shot a 76 today at barrowheath which in normal conditions would have been below average but because I used my sxs I was quite pleased with.

Well I hit 90 OT barn doors today for a new personal best at OT barn doors shooting :)

DT

When I shot competitive Archery, i was fortunate enough to shoot  in a competition with our county team members

We got talking about a similar topic, on how some days you group well, and others you don't .  

The sum up they gave was absolutely spot on .

Some days the gold is like a coffee jar lid 3 inches across at 80 yds   almost impossible to hit,    others its like a bucket,  no matter what you do you cant miss, no matter how badly you shot.

And that was the key, its not how you shoot, its how you prepare and execute, the shot,  If all your prep is right, the shot will be right,  no matter what you think.

Its when you start to analyse you add more elements into the shot that  have an influence,

How many times have to taken an almost impossible / lucky shot only for the bird to break?   but the next pair you miss them both?

Because on the first you shot instinctively, on the second you were trying to think what you did on the first and recreate it, with the result you over analaysed the shot and subsequently missed

:santa:

bang on. Over analysis breeds paralysis

Well its OK for you lot!!!  I can't even attempt to hit a barn or anything else right now! My gun is in having the factory finish on the wood removed. I just can't settle with anything other than a nice oil finish, try as I may!  That's life I guess.  :D

Shooting with your ego/conscious/emotions i.e. fear, doubt, expectations, etc. 

Do not let the desire to break the target override the NEED to watch the target.

Latest posts

Back