Swallowed the Pill(a)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one. Are you set on any particular lenses yet? 

If you are 230 pounds and 6’2” the outlaw X6 is a must…
  I'm six one, but I'm well south of 180 pounds, so not in either category :) Funny that they equate length to head size. 

I was right in the middle, both length and weight wise. So I replied with my length weight and a photo of my face. I think that my appearance made them decide X6 was the way to go. 😆

I haven't really looked into the lenses yet. Is going to be difficult to pick a good set I think. I will need sunglasses, something for overcast weather and something for blue sky weather I think?

Then I also read that they have lenses that make a green background grey-ish. There are a few fast very low quartering clays at the range where I usually shoot that I have great difficulty with to see against the background. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's unfortune that I have less brain matter to contain in my smaller head, otherwise I'd let you try my set (X7). Would be a good reason to invite you over to JST anyways :)  

I hear that the proprietor of Het Goor / Voskuil in Aalten sells Pilla, and would likely let you try lenses there. If need be I can get you his email address, let me know. 

My husband has a big head and had to get the X6, I’ve a much smaller head (🤣🤣) and tried on a friends X7 which were fine for me.  I’m 4’11” and hubby is 5’8/9”  

Didn't see you at Bisley but, bloody hell, 4'11?! Are you able sit on pip?!

I'm 6'3" so within the grounds of the magnificent Bisley forestry perhaps you walked past me thinking I was a tree! 😊

We started at 11.20, I did look for Wills squad but didn’t see him or Argun at all.  Good shoot though, enjoyed it. 

Argun was in the squad behind us... he was like a pointer, snapping at our heels whilst we were finishing up on each stand. He had a good day, and the smile on his face seemed to be pretty permanent... you can see why! :)  

It's unfortune that I have less brain matter to contain in my smaller head, otherwise I'd let you try my set (X7). Would be a good reason to invite you over to JST anyways :)  

I hear that the proprietor of Het Goor / Voskuil in Aalten sells Pilla, and would likely let you try lenses there. If need be I can get you his email address, let me know. 
Hi Luke,

Thnx! Where is JST anyway? I know of the reseller in Belgium.

JST is in Waalsdorp mate, The Hague (Scheveningen, I think). Nice place :)   
I guess then we are a 2 hour drive apart. Perhaps once I have my own gun and all the permits sorted. (gun already on order for a few months)

I was dragging my feet on getting 'proper' eyewear, as I  didn't think that there could be that much difference between my Decathlon three lens kit that cost a tenner and the flashy glasses that shooters lug around in miniature vaults. 

Until I tried a mate's pair of Pilla's in low light, facing a setting sun. It felt like cheating in comparison. I could pick up the clays sooner and clearer. I'll take every edge I can reasonably lay my hands on 😄 so I bit the bullet and ordered a kit, which was surprisingly (lots) cheaper to ship over from the UK than if sourced locally.

I went with 10CED, 30CED and 67CWN (similar to my mates setup which suited well) and now I am eager for some varying light conditions to try each one out. All rain today and most of the weekend (my luck) by the looks of it, but will be happy to report on my experience with them. 
How do you like the lenses that you got Luke?

I was advised to go for 10CED, 92CHCL and 52CHC. Too many to pick from....

The 52 CHC is nice and the only lens I have paid full price for.

The 10CED will be very dark so only good in bright light - the 18 CED maybe more usable.

I was dragging my feet on getting 'proper' eyewear, as I  didn't think that there could be that much difference between my Decathlon three lens kit that cost a tenner and the flashy glasses that shooters lug around in miniature vaults. 

Until I tried a mate's pair of Pilla's in low light, facing a setting sun. It felt like cheating in comparison. I could pick up the clays sooner and clearer. I'll take every edge I can reasonably lay my hands on 😄 so I bit the bullet and ordered a kit, which was surprisingly (lots) cheaper to ship over from the UK than if sourced locally.

I went with 10CED, 30CED and 67CWN (similar to my mates setup which suited well) and now I am eager for some varying light conditions to try each one out. All rain today and most of the weekend (my luck) by the looks of it, but will be happy to report on my experience with them. 
I am also looking at the 44CMX. Would you pick the 52CHC over the 44CMX for shooting on an average weather day?

The 52 CHC is nice and the only lens I have paid full price for.

The 10CED will be very dark so only good in bright light - the 18 CED maybe more usable.
Sorry, I meant to quote Freddypip in my last post:

I am also looking at the 44CMX. Would you pick the 52CHC over the 44CMX for shooting on an average weather day?

Sorry, I meant to quote Freddypip in my last post:

If you're looking at the 44CMX and 52CHC, then also have a look at the 55PWC. Passed it by a few times, finally tried one on yesterday. This is now going to be my go to lens

I cannot comment personally on the 44CMX however I would expect it is good.

I am 52 years old - theory says eyes need more light with age and that matches my experience & I have never really been bright light sensitive.

I find about 50 'ish' good (actually Vigilante 54HC or 560 frames with 45CO) for most days but I do use 40 Max (old blades) for brighter days.

I suspect I would like the 44CMX given it is close to both the 45CO and 40 Max.

I carry some 15HC for direct sun but find them too dark normally - nice for driving oddly.

The suggestion of 55PWC is interesting but the difference in color is a very personal thing - try as many as your can.  I only bought the 52CHC because I had the 54HC and knew it would work.

I would not normally post on things like glasses but its easy to get a 90 'ish' lense and a 10 'ish' lense that never get used and thus are a waste of money long term.

I really appreciate the answers!

I went for:

44CMX, 18CED, 55PWC

Outlaw X6.

How do you like the lenses that you got Luke?

I was advised to go for 10CED, 92CHCL and 52CHC. Too many to pick from....
So far I've only had occasion to try the 30CED on a half sunny day, and on all other occassions I've used the 67CWN. Both work well, and in fact the 67CWN did allow for shots straight into a low sun that would occasionally break out, that I would certainly have lost otherwise. It's been my go-to, although I am contemplating a yellow-ish lens for heavily overcast days. So far pretty happy, and looking forward to a few more actually sunny days to try the 10CED. With October half gone the chances of that are getting slim though 😎

Schmokkin,

Better based on , durability , value for money , clarity . In my opinion .

Latest posts

Back