Stratstone 7

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite Sian.

You have 25 birds and only 26 cartridges.

In order to win the car you have to shoot a score of 23 ex 25 or higher in the final....highest score over 23 wins.

If there is a tie after that....there is a shoot off where everyone's backside falls out.
Thanks for the detail - still not for you and me Ips

Just Checked the scores on the doors some big names there all capable of doing the business on the day would love to watch the final its deff not a done and dusted outcome that's for sure. But it won't be Sian, Ips or me :spiteful:

I take it you can enter as many times as you like, if so I bet they make a bomb as it must get addictive trying.

I reckon George has spoilt this a bit for the sponsors by shooting his 25 a bit early in the competition,

I love driven birds and fancied myself to shoot around the 20 mark, however, after reading the posts of those who have shot it ( and there scores ) I don't think I'll be driving 150 mile to have a go.

I have asked a lot of friends who are A and AA if they've had a go and the answer is usually, what's the point, George has it in the bag, the Rolex is probably his for the highest score,and it's just a matter of can he shoot 23 or more in the final.

Every thing RBSS do they do very well, but I feel that they should have perhaps run this comp in classes, giving the masses a chance to win something big. Instead of a £100,000 car why not have 10 £10,000 cars and set a score for each class to beat to qualify for a final.

I am looking forward to the RBSS handicap challenge , a competition in which I feel I have a chance against the big boys.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see George or Chris childerhouse win a car, and I think the competition is great for the sport,

Just feel it is beyond the realms off the average registered shooter

Good luck to those yet to shoot it

I take it you can enter as many times as you like, if so I bet they make a bomb as it must get addictive trying.
"Doooooo it"  "Doooooo it" but in all seriousness I feel I would lose the will to live after the third failure :crazy:

That's not the spirit Ashley its all about the taking part great atmosphere and the people you meet, can you imagine how AA shooters feel at the week in week out reg shoots when George turns up but he doesn't always get his own way if you check the scores at the majors your see for yourself its the same with every sport I guess.

have shot RBSS a few years on the trot and always have a brilliant day and whilst I haven't won a penny I look forward to this year as with all the competitions. :spiteful:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone can come good on the day, got to be in it to win it as they say.

There are too many people there who can win it, 25 birds is a very open platform too. 25 straight will not be done again, I'd put a large lump of cash on it!

Also, it's nice to have a shoot that is able to offer a big prize to the one best shot on the day- lower classes have the opportunity to compete shoulder to shoulder with the big boys every week of the year, including the majors.

A big prize fund aimed at the top guys is what the game needs to attract attention and help us look less like a bunch of amatures.

+1

it about time we had a comp with a proper worthwhile purse. Ruddy dart chuckers get better prize money than we do and they have the opportunity to get pished whilst competing. Even them chav ball players get paid more and they just kick a ball about, roll in the mud and run around like kids with there shirts over there heads when they get the round thing in the bag thing.

I reckon George has spoilt this a bit for the sponsors by shooting his 25 a bit early in the competition,

I love driven birds and fancied myself to shoot around the 20 mark, however, after reading the posts of those who have shot it ( and there scores ) I don't think I'll be driving 150 mile to have a go.

I have asked a lot of friends who are A and AA if they've had a go and the answer is usually, what's the point, George has it in the bag, the Rolex is probably his for the highest score,and it's just a matter of can he shoot 23 or more in the final.

Every thing RBSS do they do very well, but I feel that they should have perhaps run this comp in classes, giving the masses a chance to win something big. Instead of a £100,000 car why not have 10 £10,000 cars and set a score for each class to beat to qualify for a final.

I am looking forward to the RBSS handicap challenge , a competition in which I feel I have a chance against the big boys.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see George or Chris childerhouse win a car, and I think the competition is great for the sport,

Just feel it is beyond the realms off the average registered shooter

Good luck to those yet to shoot it
Blimey I only read the other day that he hadn't shot a clay in 3 months and had to get some practice in to get back in the groove!

That didn't take long then!

Good point Shaun, myself and a few friends are already planing our trip to the handicap challenge and will probably go twice, also shooting it twice per visit if poss.

Let's be honest here, there are probably only 10 people in the country who are capable of winning the car ( if they can do it on the day)

I totally agree that it's all about taking part and enjoying it, but for me this one is for the elite

Had a cracking day at the final last year, shooting with some top shots as one of the top six qualifiers, didn't worry me that I came away with nothing, but the experience and atmosphere was fantastic

My point being, I did feel I had a chance if ( just maybe ) I could put it all together on the day

That's not the spirit Ashley its all about the taking part great atmosphere and the people you meet, can you imagine how AA shooters feel at the week in week out reg shoots when George turns up but he doesn't always get his own way if you check the scores at the majors your see for yourself its the same with every sport I guess.

have shot RBSS a few years on the trot and always have a brilliant day and whilst I haven't won a penny I look forward to this year as with all the competitions. 
Bloody well said..!!

There are too many people there who can win it, 25 birds is a very open platform too. 25 straight will not be done again, I'd put a large lump of cash on it!

Also, it's nice to have a shoot that is able to offer a big prize to the one best shot on the day- lower classes have the opportunity to compete shoulder to shoulder with the big boys every week of the year, including the majors.

A big prize fund aimed at the top guys is what the game needs to attract attention and help us look less like a bunch of amatures.
Bloody well said again.

Good point Shaun, myself and a few friends are already planing our trip to the handicap challenge and will probably go twice, also shooting it twice per visit if poss.

Let's be honest here, there are probably only 10 people in the country who are capable of winning the car ( if they can do it on the day)

I totally agree that it's all about taking part and enjoying it, but for me this one is for the elite

Had a cracking day at the final last year, shooting with some top shots as one of the top six qualifiers, didn't worry me that I came away with nothing, but the experience and atmosphere was fantastic

My point being, I did feel I had a chance if ( just maybe ) I could put it all together on the day
That is the point. You have to be in it to win it.....and any old dog can have their day......

I doubt the car will go thought.....as i have said from the very start and the press day.....to do 23+ on the final day in what ever the weather may be...wind rain or shine.....or snow......is a big ask......especially for someone who has already shot it well..................A BIG ASK....

:laugh:

But it is great to go and give it a go :wink:

Will they only get one go at the 25 in the final or two goes as before? If only one go on a new setup it will be very hard to do, if they get 2 attempts in a fresh sequence then there night be a chance of a 23 or higher.

Over 23's will do a shoot off over the same targets if more than one tied.

If no one does the 23 for the car......but if there is a tie under 23 (for the loan car) then there is a shoot off over 20 targets.

Why oh why do people just not read the info....it is all there. :wink:

Back