Southdown GC - 3rd March 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any sporting layout gun down! Or skeet given the trend to throw closer and closer fitasc birds!

Bob - I'm sure there are a few places we can practice - I was planning some sporting practice next week - but I think I may be distracted by Helice with Nic.

I'm also trying to do 10/15 minutes dry mounting practice each day at home - keeping it slow and smooth. One person told me to practice with the gun from under my arm to slow me down even further... I need to find the right starting position to be 100% happy.

Yesterday was the first time I have shot a whole round gun down, although I probably shot 5 stands out of 10 gun down at Churchills last week (not the straight trappy things down the bottom or the driven) - I will build up to shooting as much as possible gun down so that I can really enjoy the FITASC stuff.

Feels to me like I just need to build the habit, and the muscle memory - over time it will become second nature and I'll be able to choose based on the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get time for a bit of skeet at Bisley in the week, let me know Matt. Otherwise the next Fitasc I have spotted so far is at Hornet on the 18th, I might have to make the effort for that.

I suppose it was too much to hope my score wouldn't be published! What a pile of Richard.

Nevertheless, a good day out and a good squad. Keith showed us how it should be done but Bob_P will need asbestos gloves soon!

Glen and Ed r spot on, gun mount slow but sure Paddy howe showed me this years ago and i still go back to it when i cant hit a target.And it still works?

Well shot Bob. Guys, it was a pleasure to shoot with you all.

Keith

I'm still buzzing from the whole experience, may have found another addiction. A great squad, and Keith, fab shooting, see you in Chicago if not before.

Thanks for the kind words. In reality, I had a couple of layouts where I could do no wrong. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it more than makes up for the layouts we all have when nothing goes right.

Latest posts

Back