Solo Skeet Shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brook Bank

Has anyone used the Morris Electronics 'Token Operated Counter Box' for solo skeet shooting?

The box can be easily identified - it's matt black. We have a problem - the countdown noise is inaudible from stands 1, 2, 6 & 7 - which makes it impossible to use 'as it says on the box'!

Any help would be appreciated, as we're not getting any assistance from the supplier.

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 10.18.35.png

Not sure this is going to help much but......

I helped my local ground last year research into "solo skeet shooting" and came across a system called Ventriloquist in the USA which simply screws into the standard cable outlet and then the shooter has a microphone on their collar / jacket.

You push the required button on the wireless buttons in your pocket (high, low or pair) - this arms the trap.

Close the gun and set up to shoot.

Then call "pull" into the microphone and the release is instant - no waiting for "pips" etc.

It turns out that PRO-MATIC do a very similar system and that is what the ground invested in - works fantastic. Plus it works in a wand style system as is used at the NSSA world skeet championships which eliminates the possibility of the referee giving you a "duff" pull. 

Give them a call you maybe able to simply swap out your button system on this box to the pro-matic buttons and microphone system. So then you have a combination of token payment and microphone instant release. 

As Skeet Freak says the system he is on about I think I was the first person to tw*t it and put it through its paces. It works faultlessly and is great when I want to practise. Plug the mic in to the controller clip it on my vest and of I go.

Guy is normally pretty good at helping with his kit. Sometimes he is hard to get hold of but a email and a phone message should get a reply. If not from him then his wife.

Latest posts

Back