Shooting Sports Etiquette?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I dont give a shot, I try to block everything out. Its more of a rhetorical question. The way I see it, from my short time in the sport there are two classes of noise at a sporting comp,

1. Unconsciously noisy, i.e. Social- good on ya, have a good time, thats what your there for. But please keep the noise below 150dB
2. Consciously noisy, i.e. Cheat aka trying to gain an unfair advantage- not so good.

You should see how I used to coach snow skiing..... I used to ski on the tails of the skis and if they did not turn exactly when i said turn i would thwack them on the back of the knees with my pole. Worked a treat after the first run down :wink:

Mind you.....I am going back a good few years now :laugh:
You must be related to a Colour Sarg. we once had...I once did what was then called an "Operation Snow Queen" in Baveria, this guy would do exactly the same to us "Green Horns" as he called us. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
in some sports Cricket springs to mind "sledging" or putting you opponent off is encouraged
question is, is that right? or is it cheating? I used to open the batting for my local team so faced plenty of sledging over the years ( and without ear plugs .), as I said above it doesn't bother me personally, but does that make it acceptable?

question is, is that right? or is it cheating? I used to open the batting for my local team so faced plenty of sledging over the years ( and without ear plugs .), as I said above it doesn't bother me personally, but does that make it acceptable?
Can't answer the is 'it acceptable' question but I don't believe sledging goes on after the batsman has taken his stance?? Ditto for golf etiquette, absolute silence (and no moving about in the golfers eyeline) once the ball has been addressed.

DT

I once tried golf and addressed the ball as follows " get in the F ing hole you little bast**d"

Excellent idea and would be very interesting to see who can turn there hand to the other discipline, I would be useless I can tell you that now. Targets doing anything other than flying away is just plain silly :)
OK I will give sporting a go!!! Just so long as none of the birds are coming towards me, I don't want to get covered in bits of targets, oh and none of those silly crossing ones that apparently are readable and always come from the same place and move along the exact same path as the previous one! And another thing, the targets should all move in excess of 60mph. OK? :spiteful:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I will give sporting a go!!! Just so long as none of the birds are coming towards me, I don't want to get covered in bits of targets, oh and none of those silly crossing ones that apparently are readable and always come from the same place and move along the exact same path as the previous one! And another thing, the targets should all move in excess of 60mph. OK? :spiteful:
So to make it clear what Les and I are saying is that we will shoot it, no problem with that. But with the proviso that they are OT targets. Thanks were and when do you want us.

So to make it clear what Les and I are saying is that we will shoot it, no problem with that. But with the proviso that they are OT targets. Thanks were and when do you want us.
Oh Ian!!!!! You mean that those sound like OT birds????? Well maybe that sporting lark might not be so bad then!!! :spiteful:

Oh Ian!!!!! You mean that those sound like OT birds????? Well maybe that sporting lark might not be so bad then!!! :spiteful:
The Statler and Waldorf of Trap, real Muppets!!

Never, although come to think about it she was quite hot :)

As is family guys Mrs. Ooh stop now before it gets too surreal.

And i suppose i am Miss Piggy  :nurse:
No Nic, you can't be Miss Piggy!!! You are already famous enough dear, well you are on ther front cover of this months Clay Shooting magazine, how much more fame do you need???? :bow:

IPS YOU REALLY SHOULD GET OUT MORE !! you are fancying animated female characters !! I am sure thats an offence under English Law, a bit like Muffin the mULE !!!

Never, although come to think about it she was quite hot :)

As is family guys Mrs. Ooh stop now before it gets too surreal.
Hang on pal..........didn't we go down a similar road some time ago with regard to a cartoon rabbit, something to do with Cadbury Flakes or something

IPS YOU REALLY SHOULD GET OUT MORE !! you are fancying animated female characters !! I am sure thats an offence under English Law, a bit like Muffin the mULE !!!
Ian is a very complex character and is taking a large amount of medication for his condition. He can't get out very much as he is under the almost constant supervision of men in white coats!  They are not real of course, but he thinks they are, this keeps him off the streets to the relief of the local council, police and social services!!!!

Latest posts

Back