Shooting Skeet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robo

I've been watching some skeet videos on you tube but am still confused on the order in wich you have to shoot them?From what I've watched on station 1 you have..... Single High Tower followed by a single on Low Tower followed by a pair?? on the pair am I right in thinking you have to shoot High bird first??Maybe I should stick to Sporting /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif Rob

Hi Robo, It depends which discipline you have been watching for for English Skeet the shooting order is as follows: 1, Single High, Single Low then a simmo pair High bird to be shot first.2, Single High, Single Low then a simmo pair High bird to be shot first.3, Single High, Single Low.4, Single High, Single Low then a simmo pair, you have to nominate which bird you will shoot first.  Fail to nominate and you will forfeit the pair.5, Single High, Single Low.6, Single High, Single Low then a simmo pair Low bird to be shot first.7, Single Low, Single High then a simmo pair Low bird to be shot first. You always repeat your first miss, this is your "Option" bird, if you have shot straight to 7 and then hit them all you take either a Single High or Single Low which you nominate. Hope that helps, Jon.

Cheers Jon, thats clears it up /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gifThe ones I've been watching have a station 8 (in the middle) where you shoot high bird then turn round to shoot low bird, so I guess that not English Skeet? Rob

Robo said:

Cheers Jon, thats clears it up /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gifThe ones I've been watching have a station 8 (in the middle) where you shoot high bird then turn round to shoot low bird, so I guess that not English Skeet? Rob
That could be Olympic or NSSA (American Skeet) both use station 8, I shoot NSSA and it's a very quick shot, see it bang and shower the squad with bits :)Jon.

Ah right ... Thanks again Jon.I'm right up for a go at this discipline now, its a shame the place I'm shooting tomorrow havent got a Skeet set up. Rob

:(If you are anywhere near Bisley tomorrow let me know as i'll be down there playing with the Jones B) and will run you through the basics :)Jon.

unfortunately I wont be in that area tomorrow but thanks for your offer Jon /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif Rob

Definitely want to try some Skeet - out of the country for the next two weeks - but I'm up for a go when I come back.

shootclay admin said:

Definitely want to try some Skeet - out of the country for the next two weeks - but I'm up for a go when I come back.
Will sort something out when you get back B) don't complain when you get addicted to it /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gifI have just been informed that i'm shooting sporting in the AM, followed by Skeet :( Hopefully the change in manager of the Cafe at the NCSC means the food may actually be edible again :)   It wasn't dangerous before or anything like that, just overpriced and low quality (just a personal opinion shared by many others)Cheers,Jon.

Back