shooting holiday destinations europe

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cockney21

Looking to try and get away for a week in June\ July for some clay shooting in the sun. One option is the Algarve which we have done for the last few years... any other suggestions? We normally take our own guns and have heard Spain can be a pain...France looks easier and could drive there.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Have you thought of Cyprus lots of sun and quite a few shooting grounds which have held big comps around the Limassol Larnaca areas also some in northern Cyprus too but not sure on the travel to that part of the island.   

After watching Ed's Krieghoff video I'd say Dornsberg, Southern Germany.  Looks like a great ground, and that part of Germany is lovely in the summer.  Also not too far to drive.

Have you thought of Cyprus lots of sun and quite a few shooting grounds which have held big comps around the Limassol Larnaca areas also some in northern Cyprus too but not sure on the travel to that part of the island.   

Shot there many times there are a lot of grounds mostly trap and skeet but they do not shoot comps in summer Limassol is the biggest trap ground and Nicosia for sporting.

I am not aware that they shoot English Sporting Clays anywhere in France. They shoot what we in the UK refer to as FITASC, but in France it is called parcours de chasse. 

How about great Yarmouth. Nice and close to several lovely shooting grounds most of them in the mountainous region surrounding acle. The only downside is that in June/July it does get unbearably hot.

How about great Yarmouth. Nice and close to several lovely shooting grounds most of them in the mountainous region surrounding acle. The only downside is that in June/July it does get unbearably hot.
You don't have to speak Kosovan but it is an advantage.

Shot there many times there are a lot of grounds mostly trap and skeet but they do not shoot comps in summer Limassol is the biggest trap ground and Nicosia for sporting.

I am not aware that they shoot English Sporting Clays anywhere in France. They shoot what we in the UK refer to as FITASC, but in France it is called parcours de chasse. 
I shot the European FITASC sporting there many years ago end of may early june and stayed outside Larnarca the ground was called mos foloti in the countryside between Larnarca and Limassol and they also held the European FITASC sporting at Limassol a few years back as you say there are quite a few grounds that shoot trap and skeet but i think there are some that shoot compak sporting too 

Last edited by a moderator:
OT for this thread but in June I will be near Cognac and will be looking for a club to rent a gun and shoot. Need to start my research

if you get a european gun pass from the local fire arms licence dept you can take your own gun to europe just fill in and go

OT for this thread but in June I will be near Cognac and will be looking for a club to rent a gun and shoot. Need to start my research
You will not need to travel far to find a shooting ground but do remember that clubs in France are generally run by the shooters and tend to be small affairs maybe two UT setups and maybe sportrap. Getting a loan of a gun will not be difficult as most shooters are quite willing to let a visitor have their gun for a round but it would be better if you had your own with you.

Thanks for the replies. Decided to go back to O'Pinhal for the 4th year! Great ground and owner. Going mid June so will miss the comp, pity as they put on the best buffet lunch you can imagine for their big days. If anyone is out there in June give us the nod and we'll maybe have a round or two.

After watching Ed's Krieghoff video I'd say Dornsberg, Southern Germany.  Looks like a great ground, and that part of Germany is lovely in the summer.  Also not too far to drive.
Can tell from own experience this is a great ground, one of the best I've visited so far.

Staff is very friendly.

Back