Shoot Clay Support Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Growl,

I may have this wrong - the F&F thing is new to me - but if people that aren't going to be there put prizes in, they won't be there to take one(s) back out as per the rankings (ie there should be the same number of prizes as participants).

Therefore there will be a surplus - if I am right (never according to 'the boss') wouldn't they be better in the raffle?

Just a thought  :pickeat:

BTW - 2 MORE SLEEPS Yaaaay :yahoo:   :yahoo: :yahoo:  

Edit - I may have that totally wrong - I had it in my mind that Adam couldn't make it but if that's not the case then I'm talking bollocks - sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Growl,

I may have this wrong - the F&F thing is new to me - but if people that aren't going to be there put prizes in, they won't be there to take one(s) back out as per the rankings (ie there should be the same number of prizes as participants).

Therefore there will be a surplus - if I am right (never according to 'the boss') wouldn't they be better in the raffle?

Just a thought  :pickeat:

BTW - 2 MORE SLEEPS Yaaaay :yahoo:   :yahoo: :yahoo:  

Edit - I may have that totally wrong - I had it in my mind that Adam couldn't make it but if that's not the case then I'm talking bollocks - sorry
Yes you are right and yes you are taliking balls buddy :hmm:  both Adam and Rachel are coming, it was Ian that could not make it but Parkie is still coming, see you the day after tomorrow :fie:   :fie:  Growl

Updated Raffle:

Masterclass day with Phil and Ben (£300)

Pair of Oakley Radars

Leather cartridge bag

250 Hull superfast

250 Ian Coley blues

Bottle of Champagne

Bottle of Champagne

Hull cartridge bag

£45 Voucher - (Coleys)

£30 Voucher (Coleys)
Bottle of Roxton Sloe Gin

Orvis cap

Musto cap

Phil Coley DVD

must be nudging on the door of £1000 worth of goodies :preved:   :preved:   :preved:   :preved:   :preved:   :preved:

that is frankly bloody brilliant - thank you again to ALL of you - you know who you are, my sincerest gratitude.

as mentioned before without the help and support of all coming and Phil for hosting this, the Growler would never have got off the ground.

next year I'm gonna try and get the stands sponsored (if Phil is ok with that!) so for a bit of advertising space we can send even more moola to the charity :smile:

see you all the day after tomorrow  :fie:   :fie:   Growl

Am really looking forward to this now and the weather forecast is looking a better than it was earlier in the week too.

Also good to see there are some other shooting noobs, hopefully I won't be the only one asking silly questions.

Hi Funky, I thought that the knife was for your fur-n-feather prize! You don't have to donate to the raffle or even buy a ticket, but it is the money raising part of the day, the money the raffle raises goes to the charity, I have posted a layout of the day in the general discussion page called 'the growler an update' cheers growl

Forecast, as seen this evening,

Friday (practice day) chucking it down all day sometimes really chucking it down and now and again really really chucking it down, prcatice day therefore cancelled!

Saturday the MAIN EVENT, showers with some possible thunder.

PRACTICE - PRACTICE you don't need PRACTICE, blimey, and anyway the only thunder will be my cartridges, I've ad a word and it will be a nice day, just like I'm gonna win too....

Hi Funky see posts 467 and 468 on this topic, it's a bit cleareron there, cheers, see you Sat, Growl

Ok, check list

• camera batteries on charge - check
  • moola - check
  • shells - check
  • transport - check
  • boss coming to keep me in line - check
  • fur - n - feather stuff and raffle stuff - check
  • stuff from big malc - check
  • gun - check
  • really unlucky hat that covers both bald patch and obscures vision (especially for shooting compak) - check
  • big nasty cartridges for all other targets - check -------note to self, DO NOT USE THESE BABYS ON COMPAK
looks like I'm good to go, good luck everyone, you're gonna need it Mwahaha (said in a Dr Evil kinda vioce - see Austin Powers)

yes I have had a Guinness, cheers everyone, Growl.

PRACTICE - PRACTICE you don't need PRACTICE, blimey, and anyway the only thunder will be my cartridges, I've ad a word and it will be a nice day, just like I'm gonna win too....
you using black powder ones then?

Ok, check list

• camera batteries on charge - check
  • moola - check
  • shells - check
  • transport - check
  • boss coming to keep me in line - check
  • fur - n - feather stuff and raffle stuff - check
  • stuff from big malc - check
  • gun - check
  • really unlucky hat that covers both bald patch and obscures vision (especially for shooting compak) - check
  • big nasty cartridges for all other targets - check -------note to self, DO NOT USE THESE BABYS ON COMPAK
looks like I'm good to go, good luck everyone, you're gonna need it Mwahaha (said in a Dr Evil kinda vioce - see Austin Powers)
yes I have had a Guinness, cheers everyone, Growl.
No sand bagging on the compak please Growl..

Only Joking, I always try my hardest on every stand, even when I'm shooting crap, I can't help myself, if I see a clay I gotta try and kill it, I'm often heard laughing at myself when I miss, I think that may be my way of masking my dissapointment at not killing another one of the little bast**ds, I hate em with a vengance, I'm even know to spend good money in the persuit of there anhiolation, strange thing is the buggers seem to rebuild themselves and come back to cross my barrels every time I go, It's a thankless task but I just gotta keep trying, one day the countryside will be free of these clay vermin and I'll be able to sleep well in my bed.

Oh dear, I think the pressure has finally got to me and I've snapped, better go have a glass of red and calm down, cheers everyone. :crazy:

Evening all cant wait for saturday, good luck too one and all and looking forward to meeting you all, especially lord growl. :) what time are we all getting there ??? :)

Evening all cant wait for saturday, good luck too one and all and looking forward to meeting you all, especially lord growl. :) what time are we all getting there ??? :)
Hi mate yeah looking forward to it :)   I'll be aiming to get there by around 9.30 - 9.45ish depending on the traffic but should be ok, to have a cuppa and chance to get sorted ready for the fun :good:

Latest posts

Back