Scoring in barrels?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal79thecat

Ah my dear Sirs and Madams,

Been away,now im back...

Ok,i noticed a few days while cleaning my Browning 325 on the kitchen worktop,when i looked down the barrels,i could see about an inch or so of light scoring,in both barrels,just beyond the chamber,roughly in the area where the load would begin to eject and leave the cartridge.

I cant recall whether it has always been there or not,but dont remember seeing it before,although ive only cleaned gun twice so far.

Ive just started using Just Cartridges CSP competition as well. Any ideas? Or just a newbie worrying too much?

Animal.

Plastic wad residue? Clean it again, see if it goes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

260269.jpg

Spray in some cleaner. (Napier is fine). Leave for an hour and scrub with bronze brush. Fibre always dirtier..

It may have been there before you had it.

Are they chrome lined barrels?

325 is getting on a bit now, maybe someone used some of the old fashion steel in it at some point?

Still, probably lead fouling.

Get a bronze brush, half a cleaning rod and a drill in there

It looks scored though..that wont come out whatever?
You will be amazed at how stubborn these cartridge fouling marks can be to remove! I honestly thought my barrels were buggered once when I couldn't clean the crap out!

A good LONG soak in solvent, and the bronze brush on the end of my cordless drill (as said above) sorted it in the end. Funnily enough has never been that bad since?!

I was shooting eley cartridges at the time however...... Haha! ;-)

This is the only scoring inside a barrel that would interest me.

post-29-0-74525000-1418766790.jpeg

Attachments

• barrel.jpeg
    barrel.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 0
What everyone else said its lead a bugger to shift and pointless spend an hour scrubbing it out fire a few shells and it's back

It looks scored though..that wont come out whatever?
I think the scoring is an illusion. It's raised lines you are seeing. Clean it out you are fine. Yes Eley are the worst I have seen. Plas wad or fibre, for making forcing cones look and feel like Tarmac.

Back