Scores before and after...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CPSA website is updated to current rolling averages now. Mine is the highest it’s ever been, just in time for me to start up rusty and wreck it. Although I don’t know when registered shoots will get going again..
Word is end of June, early July. Nice to see the rolling averages updated. I’m siting top at the moment so the only way is down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trip out this morning to Kingscote shooting ground  for an 80 bird practice over 12 stands. Excellent range of targets for all abilities, not rangy more clever with the angles 

Very pleased for the woodland stands in the shad as it was a scorcher. Finished on 73/80 scores still improving since fitting the Eye D Rail 

If you haven't shot this ground its well worth the trip 

Trip out this morning to Sussex Clay Shooting for an 80 bird practice over 12 stands. Excellent range of targets for all abilities, not rangy more clever with the angles 

Very pleased for the woodland stands in the shad as it was a scorcher. Finished on 73/80 scores still improving since fitting the Eye D Rail 

If you haven't shot this ground its well worth the trip 
Where is it?  Couldn’t find it on CPSA website. Thanks 

Where is it?  Couldn’t find it on CPSA website. Thanks 

Post code almost takes you to the ground entrance 

Kingscote Shooting Ground

Vowells Lane
Kingscote
East Sussex 
RH19 4LL

Went to Coleys, on tod, booked via internet, picked start time & 100 (50 is also an option) clays that are prepaid on line. One way in / out of clubhouse to pick up card, 22 stands. Starting at 22 ( old air rifle range end ) and then back down & around in an anticlockwise route. Two of the stands had 4 traps so 46 different targets on offer today, difficulty wise its a steady layout, a few toughies on offer yes, and me I can hit & miss everything from 10  yards - next county distance wise so yes, for me its worth the visit and I will do so again. 

A slight bloop today when I realised I’d booked us in to Southdown and Gunsite for today but a quick email and Southdown changed us to tomorrow.   Gunsite was great, Shaun put on a good range of targets 12 stands of 5 pairs.  Sunshine and hotter than I thought it would be.    Each stand had blue gloves, spray and kitchen towel and hand gel.  Also waiting points marked clearly for each stand.  A good flow of shooters but all behaving well and following the rules.   My main fault today was shooting high.   Fred “last pair coming” was there not reffing as we buttoned ourselves and I just wanted to hug him.  I’m so used to doing that so it hurt not too.

Speaking to a ground owner today, registered shoots may well return sooner than I thought, perhaps early to mid June. As from next week full squads will be allowed.

With the twin announcement of 6 people groupings and a return for competitive sport as of Monday it will be interesting to see when registereds start.

I presume the cpsa has to authorise the start of registered shoots and grounds cant just start of their own accord?

With the twin announcement of 6 people groupings and a return for competitive sport as of Monday it will be interesting to see when registereds start.

I presume the cpsa has to authorise the start of registered shoots and grounds cant just start of their own accord?
Yes of course. The CPSA must register the shoot.

Speaking to a ground owner today, registered shoots may well return sooner than I thought, perhaps early to mid June. As from next week full squads will be allowed.
Sounds interesting Jan 👍 hope it comes to fruition 😎

My understanding is that it’s a return of “televised sport” on Monday with “grassroots” sport currently under consideration 

Hmmm, even if Reg shoots restart I'm not sure I'd go to them yet. We're still getting 8000 new cases of Covid19 every day and I personally don't feel ready to go into a squad with five other people that I don't know well.

Personally we are still just shooting the local straw bailers at the minute, we're working on the theory that there are only reasonably local people at these shoots. Where as the larger shooting grounds like Steve Lovatts and sporting targets etc are drawing people from far and wide and most major cities in the uk which increases the risk slightly. As much as shooting has returned I think it pays to proceed with some caution.

Hmmm, even if Reg shoots restart I'm not sure I'd go to them yet. We're still getting 8000 new cases of Covid19 every day and I personally don't feel ready to go into a squad with five other people that I don't know well.
A return won’t be as per pre covid though. Distancing would still be enforced surely. Squadded would actually be safest as it’s controlled groups. I’m doing a squadded practice on Wednesday and I’m down for the 10th also, which hopes to be registered. Again, squadded. 

The “return to normal” will certainly be different for each of us. I still have some friends who are in bubonic plague mode, while others are far more relaxed. 

Personally we are still just shooting the local straw bailers at the minute, we're working on the theory that there are only reasonably local people at these shoots. Where as the larger shooting grounds like Steve Lovatts and sporting targets etc are drawing people from far and wide and most major cities in the uk which increases the risk slightly. As much as shooting has returned I think it pays to proceed with some caution.
I was at Sporting Targets yesterday, didn’t seem overly busy, not compared to typical pre lockdown Saturday. I think they’re managing the flow of people well. I expect with larger groups allowed, it will get busier and a little more tricky to manage.

Certainly if shopping at he local supermarkets is anything to go by, social distancing hasn’t been happening inside stores for a couple of months! Outdoors, where it’s visible, there are tapes and markers and staff to police the heard, but inside it’s a bit of a free-for-all. 

The beauty sports this weekend will see things put to a test. Park local to me I’m told was rammed to the gunwales yesterday. 

Dominic Cummings hasn’t really done much for the credibility of social distancing to be honest and the governments failure to act on that while handing out fines to Joe public isn’t going to help matters either. I think the further relaxing of lockdown is arguably a political gesture  to appease us.

Dominic Cummings hasn’t really done much for the credibility of social distancing to be honest and the governments failure to act on that while handing out fines to Joe public isn’t going to help matters either. I think the further relaxing of lockdown is arguably a political gesture  to appease us.
You've been watching too much BBC & Channel 4. 😁

There's a very low infection level in Glos and at least a third of the people round here have been ignoring lockdown since day one. I would say now it's easily two thirds and traffic levels are virtual normal again. I doubt if the media witch hunt against Cummings has made any difference, especially now it's established that he didn't contravene the social distancing rules.

You've been watching too much BBC & Channel 4. 😁

There's a very low infection level in Glos and at least a third of the people round here have been ignoring lockdown since day one. I would say now it's easily two thirds and traffic levels are virtual normal again. I doubt if the media witch hunt against Cummings has made any difference, especially now it's established that he didn't contravene the social distancing rules.
Actually, I don’t watch either BBC or C4 news. The question was one of credibility, in the eyes of Joe Public rather than any purported information. I haven’t followed any media witch hunt. I wasn’t really aware there was one. I am aware of a witch hunt petition on change.org to have Cummings sacked now in excess of one million signatures.

Ive spoken to a few folk who are skeptical about the necessity of lockdown and social distancing. Myself, I’ve come into close contact with several strangers while out in the supermarkets and I‘ve not come to any harm. This is at best anecdotal evidence.

On the other hand my father died as a result of Covid infection, but he was poorly for a very long time prior anyhow. The impact on my family has been a twenty minute funeral for my father with no service and ten family members 2 meters apart and I’ve not seen my children since the 15th of March.

Add to that, my SGC was still pending prior to lockdown and I doubt I’ll see it before autumn or maybe even in 2020, so unless someone accompanies me to sporting targets, or elsewhere with a loan gun, I won’t be shooting anytime soon either.

Actually, I don’t watch either BBC or C4 news. The question was one of credibility, in the eyes of Joe Public rather than any purported information. I haven’t followed any media witch hunt. I wasn’t really aware there was one. I am aware of a witch hunt petition on change.org to have Cummings sacked now in excess of one million signatures.

Ive spoken to a few folk who are skeptical about the necessity of lockdown and social distancing. Myself, I’ve come into close contact with several strangers while out in the supermarkets and I‘ve not come to any harm. This is at best anecdotal evidence.

On the other hand my father died as a result of Covid infection, but he was poorly for a very long time prior anyhow. The impact on my family has been a twenty minute funeral for my father with no service and ten family members 2 meters apart and I’ve not seen my children since the 15th of March.

Add to that, my SGC was still pending prior to lockdown and I doubt I’ll see it before autumn or maybe even in 2020, so unless someone accompanies me to sporting targets, or elsewhere with a loan gun, I won’t be shooting anytime soon either.
Hello Lloyd,

I am sorry to hear about your Father passing and the saddening circumstance of his funeral. 

Although I am in Sussex you are very welcome to join me at Southdown or another shoot called Kingscote in East Grinstead and you can go round with me using my gun.

If this is of interest PM me 

Went to Longridge this am, took middle sprog, there where a few targets so she could “have a go” at, after a couple of attempts she was breaking clays, oh the look of unbridled joy on her face, Daddy has some serious brownie points. 
I have to wait another baker's dozen of years for this, but I surely look forward to exactly that. Meanwhile I can practice to the point from where I can teach her once the day comes... 

Latest posts

Back