Rules / Refs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a tricky one. £50 is minimum wage rates whichever way you cut it. Yes staff should be professional but with the best will in the world you have to accept that won't attract or retain the best. I get the feeling most are shooters giving something back to the sport. It is also a long time to focus. I know I have drifted off just shooting socially in a group of 6 and thats when one of you buttons, one scores and three observe. Not doing all 3 whilst other shooters try to talk to you and jab piles of scorecards in your face. But I do always call kills and misses to avoid any scoring issues. If you don't know you are being scored a miss how can you question it?

I assume to ref a CPSA ESP Registered the refs dont have to be certified by the CPSA? I havent done many registered shoots but already see differing interpretations of rules like seeing a pair from outside the stand. Some do some don't. Not actually sure why that rule is there. Does 1-2ft really make that big a difference?

P1Fanatic - CPSA Reg shoot - see a pair outside stand not inside unless the ref deems it is impossible to see the birds properly outside stand - this is rare.  Refs are a rare breed and so you see more unqualified scorers at shoots who may not always know the rules.  Whilst they should, it wouldn't do shooters any harm to (a) learn what the rules are and (b) stick to them.  Not having a go at anybody but we can all help each other along.

Been on both sides of the fence, as a scorer I always call the kill/loss, can only remember 1 shooter query, when shooting if I'm not getting / hearing a call I ask the scorer what he or she has seen, noticed this from others as well, can be a bit awkward but it's not as yet resulted in any disagreements score wise.

when scoring you do sometimes see a side of some that you wished you hadn't 

​did I miss something ?

I assume this was a response to my question, ? must be deleted, but did you not read what I said ????? I never said it WAS £5,, I asked because I have no idea,, so a  reply would be nice.

not sure what is happening here Alan ?

​did I miss something ?

I assume this was a response to my question, ? must be deleted, but did you not read what I said ????? I never said it WAS £5,, I asked because I have no idea,, so a  reply would be nice.

not sure what is happening here Alan ?
Not me, I never mentioned money or cpsa? Perhaps it's a technicality, 

Alan, the posts are not numbered, or a time, but I made an enquiry about 12 posts up?

I think there may be a glitch as I managed to quote someone, delete it and only be able to type inside his box where his quote should have been!

I was at Southdown on Sunday.  I'm obviously easily pleased as I was impressed by how cheerful and friendly the scorers were.  I don't recall any of them not calling each pair, although I must admit I wasn't particularly listening for it at all the stands.

Latest posts

Back