Right Then...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have been working all day hence my late show in this thread. I don't for a nano second feel as though I am some sort of main culprit. I did refer to Glen by name but never showed crass disrespect  as some did, nor continually used derogatory names for others (even on Facebook) let me tell those who don't know that I was repeatedly called a cock and more, simply because I am not timid and will argue what I believe to be right. If you don't like my point of view then hey, it's a big free world, that doesn't automatically mean I'm flaming. I may simply disagree with you, what's more I will always be prepared to be proved wrong in the real world and give my word here that I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong if and when it happens.  A few weeks ago Nicola and I fell out and she asked me to keep away and I did. It was she herself that baited me again and again and even has the audacity to call ME a stalker. Nicola let me call a truce and say I have no problem with you and I parting internet company, I will never stalk you or request friendship on Facebook. In turn I ask that you appreciate me and maybe others not falling in line with your every whim and opinion does not mean we are cocks or inexperienced newbies. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Matt I forgot to add that you have done a difficult job very well. The beginning felt a little overmodded but last night you struck the right balance.

Hey Matt, I think the way you are running the site and forum is perfect, I don't feel it's over moderated and everyone knows the score when they join; play nice or go away, it's not a hard concept to understand. Everyone has their own views and opinions on whatever subject but are coming from different standpoints and experience levels but there is no need for it to escalate into abuse and sending you emails like you have received is bang out of order. People need to remember that you have the best interests of the sport and also run this site in your spare time and also pay for it yourself - because you enjoy it, not to take grief from the very small minority. Nuff said and fantastic job!! Jon.

Well give me a clue as i,ve no idea what so ever,thought i had a suspect but they seem to have cleared themselves,unless they're a good poker player!

well its not me either /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif

Hamster said:

Hi everyone, I have been working all day hence my late show in this thread. I don't for a nano second feel as though I am some sort of main culprit. I did refer to Glen by name but never showed crass disrespect  as some did, nor continually used derogatory names for others (even on Facebook) let me tell those who don't know that I was repeatedly called a cock and more, simply because I am not timid and will argue what I believe to be right. If you don't like my point of view then hey, it's a big free world, that doesn't automatically mean I'm flaming. I may simply disagree with you, what's more I will always be prepared to be proved wrong in the real world and give my word here that I'll be man enough to admit I was wrong if and when it happens.  A few weeks ago Nicola and I fell out and she asked me to keep away and I did. It was she herself that baited me again and again and even has the audacity to call ME a stalker. Nicola let me call a truce and say I have no problem with you and I parting internet company, I will never stalk you or request friendship on Facebook. In turn I ask that you appreciate me and maybe others not falling in line with your every whim and opinion does not mean we are cocks or inexperienced newbies. 
Yeah that was me oh well sure you have been called worse. On here I will bite my tongue from now on I will just ignore the posts I dont agree with I think it is better for all and I will just post nice things all the time and spread the love!/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Glen it was mentioned as my page :)))))))) which of course said person would not be able to get on as I have it locked down to only my friends. So it was invented...... In fact on my page the conversation was added to by several well known shooters but of course I cannot say what was on there as I might be 'in trouble' :)))))) I like you am going to ignore any more flames from ex Clay Shooting clever loves.

It was on a long thread started by Matt who is on my friend list, not invented as you suggest. You repeatedly made (idiot) remarks clearly aimed at me, because I disagree with your point of view on this subject. Even now despite my earlier post calling a truce between you and me you can't let it go can you? The net is full of well known shooters who decide to post anonymously for their own reasons /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif.

People time to move on here and get back to the original reason why this thread was started !   

I agree with most that the site is well run and so far been a happy forum, Mick and I have had a bit of a tiff, but I think that was more of a misunderstanding on my part, however he dont like me anyway/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cry.gif I'll live though. I have been warned to keep a close eye on Nige/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif and apart from that, the rest of you are all cocks apart from Nic who is a hen /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

What a drama queen....just looked at Matts thread and is nothing like described here :))))))))))))) I never once said 'cock'........... I actually said 'nob' ..... Once! Quite accurate in my opinion but then that is only my opinion:)))))))))))Off to bed guys.........bored now. Signing off this thread. Will be marked as read from now on. Guess we will not find out who the emailer was. Nite nite sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite :)

Mat, you do a fine job with this site. The kids in the kindergarden can be........... Speak softly and carry a BIG stick! Teddy R said it best and it worked for him and should work for you. I use the the three strikes (or warnings) and out you go. It is all up to you as it is YOUR site. The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

I find it astonishing that the same culprits off 'the other site' are at it again here.Thankfully the Admin. seems to have a grip on things.I agree with Henry, three strikes and your out.We all know that Nicola can be a bit caustic, so there is no need to deliberately antagonise her, because you know full well she will come back and bite. I don't blame her one bit for that.But if you sit back and read what some of the posts that are on here say, they are, rude, abusive, smack of arrogance, but often they show the writer as not taken the time to think about what they have written and read it through before hitting the send button.The recent locked thread is a case in point, the OP asked a good question, sensible debate started, there was disagreement on, shot size and shot load.It then descends into childish name calling by the same usual culprits.The original question remains unanswered and the debate is stopped.Is that correct use of a debating forum????I certainly think it is a crying shame.It's about time we all grew up.

Right then.  I took a night off to see how everyone plays. That seems to have gone swimmingly. Let's clear a couple of things up… short sentences so that everyone can understand. 1. The abusive mail was handled in private. The forum member who sent it has been banned. Their account deleted. Its done. Finished. I am a big boy. I have been on the internet for a long time. I know how to handle that stuff. I will not discuss it again with anyone. They were probably drunk. So, if your name is on this thread then it wasn't you. Work that rubbish out yourselves.2. I wanted opinions about how to handle the site. Overwhelming majority seem to think I've got the tone right. That is how I will continue.3. The forum has the potential to distract me from the main site.  I have a to-do list as long as my arm. I'm going to invest some time there in the next week. I want that to be a success, the sport needs a decent site – I still believe in the bigger journey. 4. I am a heartbeat away from banning more people. Their comments are unneeded and spoil the site. Be fun or stay away. I'd rather have a fun site with small numbers than a cliquey giant forum with abuse.5. I'm adding a lot more words to the swear filter – don't blame me if your fluffing posts read like shizzle after I've played around with the fluffing filters.6. If you have any more comments – then email me - I'm locking this thread now. I'm deleting this thread in 48 hours.  Its rubbish, but everyone should have a chance to read it. Much love. Matt. PS – the abuse was rubbish anyway, full of spelling mistakes. You can't trust anyone that can't spell their abusive tems correctly.   *edited my own language which was written in anger - all happy now*

Last edited by a moderator:
At the risk of reopening this wound again - I just want to make it clear that Nicola was not responsible for the initial email that sparked this thread. Nicola decided to leave the ShootClay Forum on her own.  Clearly, all of her posts are still here - but she no longer wants to access the forum. The original abuser has been banned, and all of their posts have been deleted. Job done. Hope that is clear for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back