Resin clays to be the norm.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to clay stockist today , he was a little cross at CCI's remarks .

We have been using Bio clays for more than 7 years . I remember Laporte aka The Clay Pigeon Company Bottesford Notts introducing them years ago .

No reason or justification for CCI to increase clay prices just because the resin costs more. The sport is expensive enough as it is.

Since the resin target constitutes a wholly new manufacturing process (short of packaging maybe)  I would suspect that a wholly new pricing structure would not be unexpected.  The quantities of product involved would seem to provide a speedy amortization but we all know how pricing works.

BOHICA

No reason or justification for CCI to increase clay prices just because the resin costs more. The sport is expensive enough as it is.
If the material costs go up, the price of the end product should justifiably go up though... I would not expect from manufacturers that they soak up the rising prices of our expensive sport. Initially, that would leave only pretty dim entrepreneurs in the field and in the end, none at all. Either we get bigger crowds involved, shoot more, or find another way of decreasing costs, or the prices will rise as the market gets smaller and smaller. 

Keep putting the prices up and let me know how you are getting on!

If CCI haven't moved with the times for 7 years and have profiteered using coal tar good luck to them.

Most Grounds have been useing Resin Clays here for the last few years. The first ones that we used were very hard but the latest ones do break very well...dust clouds🤩

The new resin clays work well in the traps....only problem is, against certain sky light they are difficult to see as well as good ole Black !!

The manufactures need to supply Black as a standard option & not impose a additional charge to paint them ??

The new resin clays work well in the traps....only problem is, against certain sky light they are difficult to see as well as good ole Black !!

The manufactures need to supply Black as a standard option & not impose a additional charge to paint them ??
That just depresses me.

Got some to try once we get going again. The colour is light grey and you'd expect it to be difficult to see against the sky. I would of thought it would be easy to add some black dye into the mix prior to moulding. Will feed back my thoughts to CCI. For me there is an approximate price increase of 2p per clay over the old standard black price.

Got some to try once we get going again. The colour is light grey and you'd expect it to be difficult to see against the sky. I would of thought it would be easy to add some black dye into the mix prior to moulding. Will feed back my thoughts to CCI. For me there is an approximate price increase of 2p per clay over the old standard black price.
I thought the colour was a bit more like your complexion?

Back