Referee right or wrong?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sounds daft to me. Ref should have sat were he could see prob sat out of the wind or summat. Very unfair to have lost your points.

One of our now ex referees called me from the stand one day because there was a post obstructing his view, I went to the stand and moved his chair a foot to the side and all was sorted. Priceless ????

From CPSA rule book.

1.9 JURY

At all registered events an official Jury for the day consisting of no less than five persons will be appointed and must be displayed before shooting starts. The role of the Jury is that of:

1. a)  supervising the running of the event.
  2. b)  checking the target settings .
  3. c)  carrying out the duties and responsibilities allocated to them as per the rule book for the discipline concerned.
  4. d)  make all decisions directly relating to the fairness of the competition.
  5. e)  adjudicate on any written complaint received from a competitor.
Whenever possible the appointed persons shall be experienced in the roles of CPSA Juries and have a thorough knowledge of all technical aspects and rules of the discipline being shot. The Jury must include the shoot organiser or their representative, a senior representative of the shooters and if possible, a qualified referee and/or the most experienced person available.

A minimum quorum of 3 Jury members will be required for all decisions 
​Oh God NO, that will probably result in another 1 day Course at £75 a throw !

Back