Recommend cleaning kit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cleaning kit is a roll of kitchen towel, box of cotton buds, good quality grease and a can of Leiga spray. I only clean my gun if its wet.
:) :) Nothing more to it really, I even do away with the cotton buds, just an oily rag and a rod of course.

Why are people using kitchen towel when Kleenex man-size are 12bore in dimension? Spray, poke in, drive out.

Na kitchen roll fold in half,in half again roll up about the size of a cartridge,push into the chamber push through with rod.Squeaky clean as it goes down the tube.

Kleenex Man-size, Premium brand of tissue.

Kitchen towel or toilet roll easily stolen from wifey's supply due to increasing cost of cartridges and clays which are currently not on her shopping list.

My mate has a good cleaning kit .............. cheeky begger pinches my full length mop out the back of my vehicle every sat morning.

Seriously though, full length mops are great no faffing about with bronze brushes and the like. Barrel comes up shiney new.

And Ian if your reading BUY YOUR OWN you cheeky begger ;)

So you clean the gun in the kitchen? Where does the spray and mucky kitchen roll go.

So you clean the gun in the kitchen? Where does the spray and mucky kitchen roll go.
I use an old bath towel to lay the gun on. Any overspray is soaked by that. All the bits of toilet/kitchen paper used goes straight in the bin underneath.

I use an old bath towel to lay the gun on. Any overspray is soaked by that. All the bits of toilet/kitchen paper used goes straight in the bin underneath.
I use newspaper instead of the towel. I normally do in the conservatory as opposed to the kitchen.

I used to do this, before moving to house with indoor garage and bench (with soft rubber matting).

Biggest kitchen drama was early days when I used to shoot nasty dirty Eley cartridges. I sprayed barrels and went straight in with bronze brush. Upon extraction, a thousand black dots of crap flicked off the brush onto a clean wall. I now cover the brush with a cloth when it is removed.. Best tip is spray barrels, shove some paper through to get real muck out before spraying again for brushing. Durr..

I used to do this, before moving to house with indoor garage and bench (with soft rubber matting).

Biggest kitchen drama was early days when I used to shoot nasty dirty Eley cartridges. I sprayed barrels and went straight in with bronze brush. Upon extraction, a thousand black dots of crap flicked off the brush onto a clean wall. I now cover the brush with a cloth when it is removed.. Best tip is spray barrels, shove some paper through to get real muck out before spraying again for brushing. Durr..
If there that bad, putting the end of the barrels in a crisp box or similar stops any un-wanted mess.

Now we are getting a bit anal about cleaning guns.

Years ago we went stalking in Scotland, stayed at a friends house near Dumfries.

A friend excused himself and left the room ( we thought to go to the bathroom).

Yes he had but when we went to find him a little while later, he had a hind hanging from the shower rail whilst he butchered it in the bath.

We have never been asked to stay at that house again and it is still talked about today.

Back