Recommend cleaning kit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al-Nitro

Hi all, so i have bought a nice secondhand Beretta 682 Gold E, and bought a 682 Gold at a bargain price for my young lad.

Now in need for a cleaning kit. What kits do you nice people use, and what kits do you recommend ?

Hey Al, get yourself a wooden rod, bronze and wool brush, and some gun oil and grease. Plenty of kitchen roll and job done!

Probably got a load of gear you can have next time I see you.

Have to say a bore snake is one of the best things I've ever bought!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If i was looking for a new cleaning kit, i would probably look on ebay. There are quite a few on there from around £10 upwards from reputable makes.

Parker hale, Bisley etc

As Ed said but get clezoil instead of oil, cost a little more but gives better corrosion protection and much quicker to clean

One of these, http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/bisley-shotgun-cleaning-kit-english?osCsid=7693659e4e4964e591d948cd2a1c9c02

forget the oil it comes with and buy a big can of this http://www.napieruk.com/acatalog/Oils__Cleaners_Etc.html

Get someone to turn the hand end of the metal rod down to fit in the chuck of a cordless drill. Spray vp90 down barrels, leave for 5 mins, spin the bronze brush down the barrels in the drill, remove from drill and put jag in rod (thing with slot in) fold piece of kitchen roll 3 times till you have an inch wide strip, tear in half and insert into jag wrapping round, push down barrels and repeat with clean kitchen roll til it comes through clean.

Wipe action and outside of barrels with lightly oiled rag and jobs a good un :D

not a big fan of the snake, good if it gets wet down the barrels whilst out game shooting for a quick run through before taking refreshment in the hostelry but not great for a deep clean :)

Will make a video at some point :cool:

not a big fan of the snake, good if it gets wet down the barrels whilst out game shooting for a quick run through before taking refreshment in the hostelry but not great for a deep clean :)
I must just have a good one then :)

Thanks you nice, very nice people of shootclay :kiss:

Not sure how well my guns were maintained before, but ive shot a few times since i took possesion of them, and have not cleaned. Is this bad, can i shoot a few more times before i clean ? Need to get those cleaning bits on order... :)

I am at work now, not being lazy, but can some of you nice people link me to all the items i need to create a full kit please, this will give me an idea what i am looking for.

Thankyou all again :cool:

I must just have a good one then :)
Just seems to me that you pull it through the top barrel and clean the crud out then pull it through the bottom one and transfer some of that crud back. Use it a few times and the snakes blacker than the barrel :( Not that I'm the biggest fan of cleaning full stop, if its dry and its coming out again in a few days I just wipe it over but if its going away for a few weeks or it gets wet I'll do the full works on it.

2 shots and its dirty again any way :D :.:

I use the snake to get the bulk of the crap out, I still use paper towel with a jag etc but the snake does do most of the work, chuck it in the wash every now and again too, Parkie loves me for it ! :)

I use the snake to get the bulk of the crap out, I still use paper towel with a jag etc but the snake does do most of the work, chuck it in the wash every now and again too, Parkie loves me for it ! :)
first I would have to learn how the clothes washing gizmo works :.: :.:

Bore Snakes were invented and come from the Land of the Lazy USA, need to be sent back there double quick.

Bisley & Napier do a cleaning kits for less than £20 retail + a bottle of Clenzoil + a roll of Kitchen towel or toilet roll and your set up for at least a year.A thorough clean once a week should suffice to keep the guns in tip top condition.

Bore snakes are VERY abrasive, if they are not pulled absolutely straight through the bore they work like a flexible file.....FACT!!!

Mate of mine in Perth is a gunsmith, mostly rifles but a good few "English" guns. Hot blacking and chequering are his main trade, he despises bore snakes with a passion, he's seen chokes that are no longer round because of heavy bore snake use!!! Not to mention the rifle barrels that need to have a bore snake drilled out on a lathe because they have snapped!!!!!!

My cleaning kit is a roll of kitchen towel, box of cotton buds, good quality grease and a can of Leiga spray. I only clean my gun if its wet.

Boresnakes will clean in most guns though on the newer Berettas with over bore they are useless, used to use one on a 686E and pulling it through nearly cut my hand in two with the force needed to pull through.

Now I am set with a very long 4 bit wooden rod made from two, no more ejector nuckle for me.

If I had to buy something again then it would be long black powder rod from Parker Hale(Bisley) or the Barrel Wizard from matt.

Back