Read this you champagne popping clay shooters !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never understood your license programme. Home visits (utter waste of man hours). I mean how difficult can it be. Person X apply or re apply. Constable P. Olice look person X up in the computer to see if there is any criminal offense that warrants a denial of license. Also a quick phone call to police intelligence (don't know what you call them in UK), to see if person X is being watched for participating in criminal activities. Job done! 

Lars

As far as I know, and according to my understanding of the Firearms Act,  it's MY responsibility to "prevent unauthorised access to" my gun(s) It has never been the FEO's responsibility.

Therefore why do they need to do home visits? Whilst I accept that home visits may be useful or even required in some circumstances, particularly for first time applicants, but surely they are not needed in every case, as seems to be being implied.

In fact my last renewal went through via a telephone interview, carried out by an "office worker" ie not a (presumably more expensive) FEO. 

My guess is that Gill Marshall-Andrews has applied the same estimating skills to detemine their actual costs in the provision the service as she did by assuming we are all spending a grand each time we go out!  - ie worse case scenario.  

She's clearly a politician of the "let's not let facts get in the way of me being able to "prove" my point" variety. 

Having done the work of an FEO  (it was done by the local 'Bobby' at one time ),  I have NEVER seen the need to revisit the applicant at the time of a renewal, if things remain unchanged, then it is a pointless exercise.  I do believe that the Shooting Community have once again become the 'easy target' , possibly to take some of the pressure off the soaring knife crime  ?

Posted about this before on the forum but here it is again to own a shotgun down here all anybody has to do is either join a shooting club or get a hunting permit. Once have done that you simply have to go to you doctor and have the license stamped by you GP that you are fit to do the discipline that you have chosen and that it that... the already know who has no right to have a shotgun on a central record. Now the funny bit I know loads of old lads who used to be active hunters and have quite an arsenal ... but they no longer hunt but the guns make nice ornaments hanging on their sitting room walls! Never have had to see a policeman at anytime in my experience so far. I think the French government take the attitude that there are loony's out there and overly strict gun legislation will not curb their desire to go mental with a firearm... most of the loony's are in the local chasse 😁

edit one thing I did not state you have to renew your licence every year and the doctor has to stamp it... doc's costs €23 of which you get all but €2 back from health insurance job done. FFBT membership comes in at €57 per year

Last edited by a moderator:
She added: “What we need is a licence for every gun, with the fee set at £200 and renewable every two years “If shooters can spend £1,000 for a day’s shooting and champagne they can certainly afford to pay more to licence their guns.”

put simply she is a clueless bumble f**k.

Back