pimp my miroku

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Hopkins

Well the time has come to make changes to my miroku thought about selling but have decided to keep it and get some work done but here's the rub! do I have the full isis system or just a green isis pad fitted and do I have a comb raiser fitted or just stick a neoprene pad  to increase the comb height as it needs about 5mm not worried about the weight of the isis unit as need to add weight all over really as its a little to lively at the moment.

Shaun

Don't fit the Isis recoil system as IMHO that will knock £100's off the guns resale value and will narrow down the potential list of future buyers. An Isis pad probably doesn't come with a recoil reducer assembly and as such is unlikely to hurt value come resale time. A removable comb raiser shouldn't damage resale value as it is only stuck on with glue and can easily be removed. Just my 2 cents.....

MM

Get a proper adjustable comb.....bollocks to the stick on comb raiser....they are sh*te and move around. They are ok for beginners but not for serious competition shooters.....true story...!

As for Isis .....if you are having recoil problems go for the full Isis ...(stuff the resale.....you want to shoot without increased problems and you want the confidence of hitting things).

If you are not having recoil problems then fit the green pad.

All guns should have one for added comfort and recoil absorption .......just saying..!

Hope that helps...!

Get a proper adjustable comb.....bollocks to the stick on comb raiser....they are sh*te and move around. They are ok for beginners but not for serious competition shooters.....true story...!

As for Isis .....if you are having recoil problems go for the full Isis ...(stuff the resale.....you want to shoot without increased problems and you want the confidence of hitting things).

If you are not having recoil problems then fit the green pad.

All guns should have one for added comfort and recoil absorption .......just saying..!

Hope that helps...!
More or less just what I have had in mind.. although the isis thing has been done to death on here thinking with an engineering brain I wonder whether it helps   reduce fatigue? although I never seem to suffer with recoil probs  surely  just like a car uses shock absorbers to dampen the ride an isis unit must work on the same  principle as for future value it has never really been a problem with me its about as you say Nicola what works for me and not some future owner, the thing is today I put a rather nasty dent in my stock about an inch from the recoil pad so although it sounds drastic fitting an isis will kill to birds with one stone.

I've recently put a 23mm Isis pad on my gun....world of difference! Brilliant thing! I don't think there's a real need (if you're not suffering from recoil) to go full Isis. Also adding that extra weight to the stock,may make the barrels livelier?

the isis green pad is superb. put one on my 682 golde and it was a revelation. :biggrin:  also have an ajustable comb raiser and imho every gun should have one . just leave it be when your happy. resist the urge to tinker when you have bad day.

jasper

A few yrs ago I was debating whether to fit a recoil reducer . I borrowed a gun fitted with a Danuser to shoot a 100 bird Skeet comp , at the end of the day what struck me was how fresh I still felt compared to usual . After research , I bought an ISIS recoil reducer and can vouch for their effectiveness 

As Nicola has said do the comb conversion properly, it will cost about £150 - 160, Malcom Jenkins is very highly recommended, by others, he advertises in the magazines.

I have 2 green pads fitted to both of my Brownings, a 19mm one on the sporter and a 23mm one on the trap gun. Both are superb in reducing the effects of recoil. Much much better than the standard factory pad.

I have been going on about Green Pad for years....glad people are now seeing the benefit .

As for the full recoil system.....it is not just for people suffering recoil......it is also exactly as Bryan said.....it reduces the effort....and if you are more relaxed and less tired.....you can work easily on the scores.

I am not saying it is for everyone.....some will never be convinced......but boy I wish it was available 20 years ago. People would be walking around with less injuries.

Everyone suffers recoil ...as I have said many times in the past.....whether they realise it or not.

I would start all newcomers on this I could.

Shaun, the full Isis does not add weight at all. My gun was identically weighted after it was fitted. A Danuser weighs a ton..

I would likely go simple 23mm pad if I did it again; because I don't like too much compression on the full system, so use the optional stiffer springs (so it doesn't reduce recoil THAT much). But it is personal..

Last edited by a moderator:
A few yrs ago I was debating whether to fit a recoil reducer . I borrowed a gun fitted with a Danuser to shoot a 100 bird Skeet comp , at the end of the day what struck me was how fresh I still felt compared to usual . After research , I bought an ISIS recoil reducer and can vouch for their effectiveness 
Shaun.  I have the ISIS.  This thing doesn't just dampen recoil, but gives you extra time on the second barrel (because the gun stabilises quicker).

it massively reduces fatigue...I shot 150 sporting today in 2 hours...no problems.  I could not have done that quite so nicely, without the ISIS.  I have shot 300 skeet in one day with it and still felt pretty good.  

I know that I am not going to suffer recoil stress injuries over time (certainly not as much as I might have).

If you think about it, NOT having an ISIS is a disadvantage!

I think Ed, Nicky T and Bryan would agree, they really are worth every red cent.

If you wanted to try mine out at Greenfields or Detling or something, be my guest,  

I might have some video of me shooting,that shows the thing working quite nicely.

I've just had a 23mm isis pad fitted to my blaser by Phil at the Saddlery & Gunroom, Biggin Hill and it almost feels like shooting a semi automatic, almost no recoil and feels fantastic

Isis system all day for me. Never mind about re sale values- if you are it means your into chopping and changing and scores will suffer. Make a choice and commit.

I've had the full system plus a kick eez pad for years and love it. Never had recoil problems, and with the volume I shoot I'm unlikely too, but the softer I can get a gun shooting the better in my book.

Two thumbs up for daves products and service from me.

Why not just fit a PFS? It'll give you recoil reduction that's much better than that offered by a change of pad as well as improved gunfit. Seems a bit of a no brainier to me.

Full Isis and kick eez pad on the end for me 2 ! Love it. Don't find recoil a problem anyway but with this its just a dream to shoot.

Why not just fit a PFS? It'll give you recoil reduction that's much better than that offered by a change of pad as well as improved gunfit. Seems a bit of a no brainier to me.
Probably because; 

a ) They are £1200, which is considerably more than any other option.

&

b ) He doesn't need that level of adjustability at the cost of fitting a massive SPRING to his gun

:)

Shaun, Malcolm Jenkins is your man for an adjustable comb, he has done 2 for me in the past, as for the ISIS, I would probably go for the green pad route first and see how that feels (£40), what shells are you using, I just switched to Hull Pro DTL 300's for sporting and fitasc and they are very smooth through my MK38.

I think making massive changes to guns can be counter productive, adjustable comb and green pad would be a good start, if recoil is still an issue you can have the isis fitted, probably with the green pad as well.

Be careful if fitting the stick on type particularily beretta gel pad type as they WILL effect cast.

Latest posts

Back