Pet Hates!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 Shooting things for women that are needlessly pink or flowery -CG, I'm looking at you and your Syren. Couldn't you have left it with a game scene or an abstract pattern? It's fugly as hell. Why do you think we like ugly flowers more than pretty game scenes? 

Unasked for advice from random old blokes. This weekend it was: "you need to shoot some skeet." Er, yeah, on that, thanks. Why is it always skeet? No one ever says "you need to shoot some trap".

Shooting things for women that are needlessly pink or flowery -CG, I'm looking at you and your Syren. Couldn't you have left it with a game scene or an abstract pattern? It's fugly as hell. Why do you think we like ugly flowers more than pretty game scenes? 

Unasked for advice from random old blokes. This weekend it was: "you need to shoot some skeet." Er, yeah, on that, thanks. Why is it always skeet? No one ever says "you need to shoot some trap".
i know who you are now, it was nice to meet you yesterday.

There's two saying that are creeping into this game now that didn't exists a few years ago 

i hit my average and it's a dropper !!! Remember averages are a by product of shooting NOT the other way around !!!!!!!

pet hates -

miss matched sizing on clay shooting gear - especially skeet vests and gloves. not everyone is as slim as an Italian stallion, and yes I have small palms, but I have bloomin long fingers! (musto...) :angry:

people that give advice that I don't want or need. "oooh, you were behind that last one. just power on through it a bit more and you'll be bang on!" actually fella, I missed in front and underneath, but thanks for the opinion. I know you mean well but how about you de-mist your glasses and let me shoot? B)

unnecessarily long pre shot routines... you all look like your on day release. please stop! :wacko:

people telling me they don't see the point in having a gracoil fitted, "it looks bloody hideous"... thanks for your input, but I rather like it and it improves my shooting. maybe you could do with one? :angel:

the seemingingly large growth in women only shoots i just don't understand the need,it is for one dividing up shooting which i see as terrible thing to do as we should all be together and i have never been to a shoot where women weren't welcome.

and although i am in no way advocating it can you imagine the furore if we designated shoots men only!

Get one like this

olympic-trench.jpg

Wow with so many pet hates its a wonder any of us actually go to a shoot to enjoy it  :D

Although I do agree with the vast majority of them, a lot of the pet hates are behavioural for me, how hard is it to put cartridges in the bin? How hard is it to wait until the shooter has finished shooting the stand BEFORE interrupting the scorer by waving your card in his face so you then get a slow pull? How hard is it to stand out of the way of the shooter who is next in the stand to shoot? Oh and FITASC shooters, when you are in the hoop you can see as many targets as you like, when I am in the hoop I will say if I want to see another target or not, I don't care if you didn't see it! And yes all of you with ridiculously long pre shot routines, you look like window lickers on a day out, get the love on with it!!

the seemingingly large growth in women only shoots i just don't understand the need,it is for one dividing up shooting which i see as terrible thing to do as we should all be together and i have never been to a shoot where women weren't welcome.

and although i am in no way advocating it can you imagine the furore if we designated shoots men only!
In reality though they are the two ladies clubs aren't they Chelsea Bun and Femme Fatales and the occasional ladies day that might occur at somewhere like West London for flushes etc.  The vast majority of shoots are for both so I don't think we are missing out in any way.  To be fair I think those ladies groups also do invite partners for some of their stuff.

the seemingingly large growth in women only shoots i just don't understand the need
Probably because you aren't a woman?

I've been to one Shotgun and Chelsea Bun event and found it wasn't for me.  Probably because I had already shot quite a lot of clays and didn't feel the targets were particularly challenging or that the accompanying coach was of much help.

However, if you are a woman who doesn't know any men that already clay shoot and you want to give it a try for the first time or maybe use it to build a bit of confidence before going to open shoots or registered shoots, then I can see the benefits it offers.  Anyone that does the Shotgun and Chelsea Bun thing, catches the bug and wants to shoot more is almost certainly going to end up moving on to shooting with men, but by that stage at least they'll feel confident enough that they aren't going to make a complete prat of themselves in front of the usual bunch of grumpy old codgers that assemble at most open shoots.

In reality though they are the two ladies clubs aren't they Chelsea Bun and Femme Fatales and the occasional ladies day that might occur at somewhere like West London for flushes etc.  The vast majority of shoots are for both so I don't think we are missing out in any way.  To be fair I think those ladies groups also do invite partners for some of their stuff.
congratulations on noticing i am not a woman :wink:

there is dorset hen birds and many others seems like there are more on a regular basis,just think as a community we need to stick together not be split up.

i have never seen a woman regarded any differently if noticed at all and all are welcome...example we had an 80+ year old smashing targets that the person showing her the ropes was not hitting consistently...was a joy to behold and he was rather embarrassed.

we suggested he should be getting lessons from her

isn't it a bit like going into agent provocatuer and buying something for your missus or going to a yoga class that is predominantly female....your a bit apprehensive but once your in it all seemed like a lot of fuss about nothing.

congratulations on noticing i am not a woman :wink:

there is dorset hen birds and many others seems like there are more on a regular basis,just think as a community we need to stick together not be split up.

i have never seen a woman regarded any differently if noticed at all and all are welcome...example we had an 80+ year old smashing targets that the person showing her the ropes was not hitting consistently...was a joy to behold and he was rather embarrassed.

we suggested he should be getting lessons from her

isn't it a bit like going into agent provocatuer and buying something for your missus or going to a yoga class that is predominantly female....your a bit apprehensive but once your in it all seemed like a lot of fuss about nothing.
I don't have an issue either way.  I didn't feel intimidated when I started shooting but I did have my hubby with me and I am actually not the type to worry about looking an idiot but some might feel more at ease at least when they start off.  Also those clubs do other things as well - fashion, cake making and bringing etc.  Not really into that bit at all but lots would be.  Maybe we should think of it as in addition to rather than separate from.  I can see what you are saying regarding agent prov etc and you are right but if it encourages more into the sport who will eventually go into the main stream sport then that would be good.

You probably don't have a group of women standing behind you when you are choosing frilly underwear commenting on how you are doing and telling you where you are going wrong.  The yoga class is probably closer, although it's something that everyone is doing at the same time, not that you have to get up and perform in front of others waiting for their turn.

I'm with Sian in that if it brings more into the people into the sport then it's all good.  As I said before, not really for me though. I'd have a bacon butty rather than a slice of cake anyday and I've already got a mixed group of people that I shoot with so don't need to the networking part of it.

"You probably don't have a group of women standing behind you when you are choosing frilly underwear" never been to one of these shops that had male assistants and most of the clientelle are female so effectively you usually have a fairly large group of women behind you,they may not be saying anything but it feels pretty much the same.

or is that paranoia pretty much the same reason that i feel there is no need women only shoots.

and it doesn't matter who is behind me telling me where i am going wrong as i ignore everyone equally apart from when i am paying to be coached,thinking about it i would probably be amused by/enjoy being barracked by a group of women for a change ;)

Latest posts

Back