Pattern density or shot size?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Message for Hamster on here.  What shells do you shoot?  Recoil is a perception and as a rather soft and malleable Geordie, I wouldn't mind a crack of what you shoot if you find F-blacks punchy.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but soft shells seem to be the thing on here (at least a little bit)  ;)
By choice I would shoot Eley Superbs, over the years they have had the odd punchy batch and once when they changed case/box colouring the recoil shot up to silly levels but was quickly dropped back to very sensible levels when people complained. 

I personally don't believe that recoil is subjective, not in the context that appears to be talked about anyway. People can find different guns recoil in different ways which they will of course construe as black and white soft V not so soft (this will be fit as well as weight related not to even mention the nature of the recoil pad) but I believe if you were to blind load for people (and do it properly in a scientific way) that it will quickly become apparent that some shells recoil MORE than others for EVERYBODY. That is not to say that such an experiment can be done in a perfect and 100% satisfactory manner because in truth many brands produce recoil which is pretty damn indistinguishable from another.  :smile: :clover:  But I refuse to believe that anyone will find an FBlack to recoil less than say a Superb - just won't happen. 

I have now pretty much settled on the larger volume of my shooting being done by Gamebore Velocity+, the reason is first and foremost cost because these are £66 cheaper  :ahappy:  and crucially they are easily available, relatively kinder recoiling compared to others available locally and for me produce excellent kills. 

Incidentally I started off buying these from Countryways who also sell their own branded version called Interceptor which they assured us are identical. The last thou I bought from them would back that up. Money no object the Superbs offer even better kills, are available in true 8's and are softer. 

Hamster, have you evershot Gambore Evo's. I've been shooting Velocity+ but wanted to try a No.8

Problem I have is fibding somewhere that sells them and Gamebore won't sell to me.

Hamster, have you evershot Gambore Evo's. I've been shooting Velocity+ but wanted to try a No.8

Problem I have is fibding somewhere that sells them and Gamebore won't sell to me.
Yes I have tried them, shot quite a few thou a while back when I could get them from Scats of Canterbury, somewhere in the archives there is a detailed write up I did on them in fact if anyone knows how to retrieve it. Decent shells.  :smile:

Yes I have tried them, shot quite a few thou a while back when I could get them from Scats of Canterbury, somewhere in the archives there is a detailed write up I did on them in fact if anyone knows how to retrieve it. Decent shells.  :smile:
Yes I'm looking for a decently priced 8 shot also and thinking Evos again. Funnily enough googled it and found your review two days ago. For some reason the cartridge industry has made 8 shot a luxury item..

Yes I'm looking for a decently priced 8 shot also and thinking Evos again. Funnily enough googled it and found your review two days ago. For some reason the cartridge industry has made 8 shot a luxury item..
It's fairly obvious why you can't get them in their "budget" lines.  :huh: ;)

I shoot gamebore supergems 24g 8 shot lovely and smooth had tt1 28g before too punchy for me.

Back