Owls Lodge Jan 16th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another good set up today, 11stands of good quality targets that needed you to stay switched on or they would beat you. I started of strong but got a bit sloppy on the last few stands and let to many get away from me ( I blame this man flu I have at the moment ;) ) to end up on 80

Was a pleasure to meet and shoot round with Hotshot 100 , ShaunMk38 & Hamster ..nice to meet you fellas , also in the squad was two blokes who go by the names of Tiptop & Teepee ;)

Lots of peeps from off here in the club house and out on the course which was good to see

Thanks to Chris for taking us round and I hope you have now dried out mate ...all in all a good few hours out :)

Good to put some more names and faces together today(Hamid,Shaun,Roger) and to shoot round with you.

Weather very variable rain, sun, bit of hail thrown into the mix.

Good steady shoot i thought with a couple of tricky stands to sort things out,can't really blame to much on the weather as i finished with a P.B of 85. :)

Good to put some more names and faces together today(Hamid,Shaun,Roger) and to shoot round with you.
Weather very variable rain, sun, bit of hail thrown into the mix.
Good steady shoot i thought with a couple of tricky stands to sort things out,can't really blame to much on the weather as i finished with a P.B of 85. :)
Well shot Martin :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well "what can I say" bit of a double edge sword for me today was really nice to meet all the guys and girls nice company and left feeling like I have known you all for much longer, weather was bit pants but no big deal its only water (says me who had a brolly) only downer was I shot real bad hitting some long stuff but shooting way over the top of anything within spitting distance :fie:   can see a new weapon on the horizon Thanks for the company today guys it was a pleasure and hopefully see you soon :hunter:   Happy anniversary Nicola nice whip!! :spiteful:   and good to meet Calamity and Jaykasea sorry we didn't get chance to chat although Jay was as quiet as a mouse not a mention of knitting needles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great crowd, nice to see so many people from the forum  :)  , great canteen (love to know where they buy their tuna as you get half of one in a sandwich) the targets were mostly steady with a few stands that could easily be messed up. Great squad and company, rain was the only downer really.

Great crowd, nice to see so many people from the forum  :)  , great canteen (love to know where they buy their tuna as you get half of one in a sandwich) the targets were mostly steady with a few stands that could easily be messed up. Great squad and company, rain was the only downer really.
Good to see you making the trip from 'nearly Belgium' mate.

Yes, what a wet one but the company and great targets more than made up for the rubbish weather! Congrats to all the SC winners (Steve L, Will, Lee, Martin, Jason, Rob, Matt R and last but not least Jennie).

Stand 10, left to right midi crosser from tower had the better of me, plus the overhead and skeet crosser gave me a few problems but otherwise a steady round finishing on 75. Need to try harder otherwise it will be back to C Class for me.

Good to meet Hamster and ShaunMK38, and thanks for the offer of your umbrella Shaun - should've accepted!!!!

Looking forward to the next one.

Calamity 

Enjoyed it again, sh*te weather but it was the same for all of us, so can't blame that on my crap score!

Good to meet and shoot with Shaun, Hammy and Roger at last, and well done Tiptop, good to see you back on it!  Nice one from Robo too!

Well shot Jennie!  B class beckons, wench!

More practice required... and I should pay a little more attention to my chokes - I thought I put quarters in, but it transpires they were both cylinder!  Duh...

Well shot Calam and Jen

Last edited:
Yes, what a wet one but the company and great targets more than made up for the rubbish weather! Congrats to all the SC winners (Steve L, Will, Lee, Martin, Jason, Rob, Matt R and last but not least Jennie).

Stand 10, left to right midi crosser from tower had the better of me, plus the overhead and skeet crosser gave me a few problems but otherwise a steady round finishing on 75. Need to try harder otherwise it will be back to C Class for me.

Good to meet Hamster and ShaunMK38, and thanks for the offer of your umbrella Shaun - should've accepted!!!!

Looking forward to the next one.

Calamity 
You won't go back to 'C' if you keep shooting 75's you'll go up to 'A' :spiteful: :spiteful: .

Unfortunately I was shooting when you and Jen arrived so didn't get introduced when Shaun and Hamster spoke to you both.

When I came back in to the club house my glasses immediately steamed up so all I was aware of was a mass of pretty much unidentifiable people. I did come and speak to you just as you were going out to shoot, I said 'you girls are going to get wet' and you then showed me your waterproof coat. I hope it lived up to expectations as I think that rain yesterday would have got in any where.

I haven't seen the scores yet but I take it that Jen won C class, what was her score?

Let's hope that next time we all meet up the weather's better.

Hi Gun
Phil Marks 94

AA1 Brian Jewell & Steve Lovatt 93
AA3 Jonathan Kendall 91

A1 William Hewland 93
A2 Lee Pitman 87...
A3 Wayne Martin 85

B1 Martin Tipper 85
B2 Jason Mclean 82
B3 Rob Dawson 81

C1 Jennie Cartwright 76
C2 Matt Rutherford 74
C3 Tom Green 72

Well done Jaykaysea!  :biggrin:

Who needs ladies classes when you can thrash the men like that?

Well I have just about recovered from the excitement of a new Registered Personal Best and my first ever WIN in C Class, 76 for me which I was pretty pleased with...well above my average...all the practice and effort I have put in over the last few months seems to be paying off...thank goodness.

Nice layout, I thought it was pretty testing, from long fast stuff to slow hanging around stuff...well done all concerned. Shot a simo pair the wrong way round but hey I like to be different...!! Some stuff I should have got but didn't, however I have learnt from it and already can't wait to get back out and try and improve again.

So nice to see so many people from here, even if most of them were very wet and steaming...Shaun, knitting next time I promise!!

Thanks Chris, coach extraordinaire....you make me believe in myself and I hope to make you proud of me. And to everyone else who is so pleased for my success, thank you, now I just got to get back out and do it again...!! 

Well I have just about recovered from the excitement of a new Registered Personal Best and my first ever WIN in C Class, 76 for me which I was pretty pleased with...well above my average...all the practice and effort I have put in over the last few months seems to be paying off...thank goodness.

Nice layout, I thought it was pretty testing, from long fast stuff to slow hanging around stuff...well done all concerned. Shot a simo pair the wrong way round but hey I like to be different...!! Some stuff I should have got but didn't, however I have learnt from it and already can't wait to get back out and try and improve again.

So nice to see so many people from here, even if most of them were very wet and steaming...Shaun, knitting next time I promise!!

Thanks Chris, coach extraordinaire....you make me believe in myself and I hope to make you proud of me. And to everyone else who is so pleased for my success, thank you, now I just got to get back out and do it again...!! 
Well done I think the change of fortunes started when you got the Mirook and stuck with it. May you go onward and upward.

It was a good layout with targets for all classes, I did hear one or two comments about it being a tad easy. However as Chris said when I beat myself up for missing 4 'easy' targets 'nothing is easy' they've all got to be shot.

As for being an 'easy' layout, I didn't see any one straight it!! When every one straights it it's too easy ,until they do it isn't!!

well done jennie really pleased for ya  :fan:   :fan:

Well shot JKC  :eek:k:  congrats on your first win

Well shot lord sandy first class win there    :goodjob:    good to see you and the mirook are starting to get along well keep up the good work :good:    

Back