Owls Lodge Jan 16th

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booking now confirmed. Looking forward to meeting other forum members and a good day out. Let's hope the weather gods smile on us!! :nyam: :nyam:

That's Shaun MK38, Hammy and me. Booked on the 12.00 squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weather's looking reasonable although the wind's going round to the east which will make it a bit colder. At least it should be dry and not too windy. :nyam: :nyam:

Does any one know if any other disciplines will be available to shoot on the day? Would love to shoot some trap but I know that the trap layout may have to be used for the sporting.

Weather's looking reasonable although the wind's going round to the east which will make it a bit colder. At least it should be dry and not too windy. :nyam: :nyam:

Does any one know if any other disciplines will be available to shoot on the day? Would love to shoot some trap but I know that the trap layout may have to be used for the sporting.
Il have a think about the course and keep you updated

Can't see this in CPSA fixtures.. Possible admin error leading to a non reg shoot? I have messaged Richard..

Can't see this in CPSA fixtures.. Possible admin error leading to a non reg shoot? I have messaged Richard..
I looked last week and couldn't find it. Sorry all I should have queried it then but forgot. Hope it's registered as I don't fancy a 250 mile round trip to shoot 'practice'.

There's nothing in the fixtures in Pull or on the CPSA website about the shoot on the 13th Feb being registered either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also e mailed Lynn Howes at the CPSA to ask for confirmation .I will post her reply on here as soon as she replies.

Just to let you all know it IS registered although its not on the site....communication error and iv just been off the phone with the cpsa.

Just to let you all know it IS registered although its not on the site....communication error and iv just been off the phone with the cpsa.
Thanks Chris. Lynn has also replied and confirmed. She hasn't mentioned the February one though.

I'm afraid we'll be using the available space for the sporting layout so we won't be running practice on other disciplines...

Nice layout today. Just one or two longer trickier birds. I suspect Owls had anticipated that the weather would not exactly help today and they were right! I got lucky, as every time I got into the stand the stair rods eased up for me. Makes a difference! Julian Morris on my squad got drenched every time he touched a stand. It became a laughing point in the end (for me.. not him..) :)

So, fairly unscathed I managed what looked like a 3 way tie for HG on 93 but last squad out somebody managed a 94.

As ever, loads from SC present and it was nice to have a good clubhouse to hide in before and after shooting. A much nicer day than I first thought when arriving..

Just home... drying out, bits of me are still damp!

I think we had some pretty brutal weather, hailstones at one point and then virtually bad light stopping play on the last few stands.

I finished on a 74 - as always, should have been more - I dropped 4 of the overhead midi on the Skeet range (never usually an issue for me), and the corner stand did for me again, the sim pair left to right, and the incomer/high loopery thing. 

I felt like I was on high 60's - was quite pleased to add it up to over 70 - but felt it should have been a bit better. 

A very enjoyable day, was good to put a few faces to names. The rain was a pain in the proverbial but never mind it is England and January so not unexpected. I was quite pleased with my 73 in B class but as usual managed to hit most of the difficult targets whilst not putting the 'gimees' in the bag.

New Years resolution: Concentrate on the easy targets!! I need them to build a decent score, missing far too many.

Nice layout today. Just one or two longer trickier birds. I suspect Owls had anticipated that the weather would not exactly help today and they were right! I got lucky, as every time I got into the stand the stair rods eased up for me. Makes a difference! Julian Morris on my squad got drenched every time he touched a stand. It became a laughing point in the end (for me.. not him..) :)

So, fairly unscathed I managed what looked like a 3 way tie for HG on 93 but last squad out somebody managed a 94.

As ever, loads from SC present and it was nice to have a good clubhouse to hide in before and after shooting. A much nicer day than I first thought when arriving..
Well shot Clever .....great score......it is funny how 'w anker' always seems to help....it will become a mascot thing :wink:

.......the weather was sure rough ....very enjoyable shoot ....would like to do it again 'dry'........I cannot describe the rain when shooting on the skeet bit ...expected the Arc coming over the hill in the driving rain....never been that wet in a long time..!

I am off back to Trap where we have a roof over our head..!

very well shot will... :fan:

Uh hoooooo

Just been informed it is my wedding anniversary today.........!

Oooooops...........Big Fail.....

Back