One week to go until the Classic

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on then. How was it?
I Made hard work of the easier red course, my timing was a bit off ended up with a 50. I felt I shot a lot better later on the blue course even though I only ended up with a 52. 

There were some targets that needed big lead unfortunately these cost me a target or two before I found them, but very satisfying when I did find them. 

For me It was a shoot you had to work at with no filler stands. There were a couple of targets that looked fairly straight forward but still  caught me and most of my squad out on the first shot or two.  

It's a shoot that I would like another crack at to see what I would end up with now I know what the targets needed from the start. 

I came away from the shoot with a smile on my face so I have no complaints, but there will be a few dented egos me thinks as you have to put the effort in at this shoot .

I Made hard work of the easier red course, my timing was a bit off ended up with a 50. I felt I shot a lot better later on the blue course even though I only ended up with a 52. 

There were some targets that needed big lead unfortunately these cost me a target or two before I found them, but very satisfying when I did find them. 

For me It was a shoot you had to work at with no filler stands. There were a couple of targets that looked fairly straight forward but still  caught me and most of my squad out on the first shot or two.  

It's a shoot that I would like another crack at to see what I would end up with now I know what the targets needed from the start. 

I came away from the shoot with a smile on my face so I have no complaints, but there will be a few dented egos me thinks as you have to put the effort in at this shoot .
Well shot. Sounds like any three figure score is not to be sneezed at. EJC did a really tough classic a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it, but only after adjusting my expectations. It's not registered so it is the right time to put on a firmer course. I just hope there is enjoyment for the lowest 40% of the competitors, who suffer most when things step up.

A very good championship level course, nothing given to you but nothing daft either. Great mix of close and distance, thoroughly enjoyable.

i had a bit of a fit on the red course and threw a load of clays away on what was the slightly steadier side of the course. Ended 131 which will be no where in the overall scheme of things.

winning score from 140 to 142, a great layout showing what sporting should really be about, no handouts, everything there to be worked for but we'll shoot able. I don't think there will be 30 odd people in the mid/high 90%s on this one :)

Don't worry about us Will, most of us (lowest 40%) are realistic regarding our scores. 

I would rather not start on stand 1 on the blue layout. In fact I would rather forget about stand 1 blue layout  :p

Incoming battue and then left to right looper. My mate cleared it, I however decided hitting the last 3 would be a better course of action.

Incoming battue and then left to right looper. My mate cleared it, I however decided hitting the last 3 would be a better course of action.
was that looper not a battue as well? If it wasn't...it needed battue lead!!! My first one broke in half, didn't give the next one as much and missed it, then really pushed through the last two and broke them well

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect this event will be won by one of the superstars on 140. It's a great event, a bit tougher than even a good registered shoot, with a sustained level of difficulty that just offers so many chances to trip you up. There is not a single target on the ground that is silly or can't be shot, but there are plenty that are tough to find. With most three pairs on stands, it's hurtful when you drop even one or two.

I started OK but faded a bit at the end of the Blue course for 58, then was definitely not on form for the red course, 53. Lunch break was enjoyable but I went back in struggling to focus. (I have suffered this in Fitasc previously, finding breaks unhelpful). 

Enjoyed it very much.

Latest posts

Back