Newb in Sheffield

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KR24

Hi, my name's Keith and I'm in Sheffield, new to clays.

Had some lessons at Notts and District Gun Club couple of months ago and really enjoyed it. Now my Cert has arrived after what feels like an age and gun arriving any day, I plan to learn how to use it!

Welcome aboard Keith - welcome to ShootClay - any questions, please let me know...

Hi, Keith welcome aboard!

Like me, new to clays but still awaiting my SGL after 12 weeks and still no visit from the FAO.

I'm from Notts so if your nearest or preferred club is in Notts, maybe worth a meet up there one day at the weekend when all is approved.

Best regards,

Matt

Sounds good Matt, I had to wait 4-5 months, seems to be the norm.

Thanks for all the welcome posts.

Hello Keith,

My partner and myself are also newbies, but one thing that surprises me is that when we started shooting we looked around and living in Lincoln, we are within striking distance of Notts and South Yorks, but looking on the internet there's very few, if any, shooting grounds in the South Yorks area! We visited NDGC a couple of weeks ago and found them to be a really friendly bunch! We also had a look around Orston and Cocketts Farm. So we know Nottinghamshire are well served. Hopefully when we get our SGLs through, we will bump into each other.

Best wishes,

Steve and Max

Thanks Julesy, I'll be along towards the end of this week hopefully, what with one thing and another I've not shot since my last lesson at NDGC! Got my gun though so I'm all set.

You're right SteveK, there are a few small Sunday shoots in the SYorks area but nothing like NDGC, look forward to seeing you there.

Keith

Back