New UT format

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

40UP

This may be the new UT sequence testing in Abu Dhabi :smile:

1_Shooting.jpg

:)

I believe the 'snake' format is being trialled somewhere in Europe this weekend and all the national UT technical reps are going to see it in action.

Hopefully it will be a complete disaster and we can just get on with it as it is.

DT

Could somebody please explain this "Snake" format, and is it the same as the "Palinkas Snake"? (Although I may have dreamed that up, or seen it referred to on some 80's VHS video?)

The idea being tried is as follows:

All shooters line up outside layout 1, shooter 1 goes to peg 1, he shots two pairs and a single, then moves to peg 2, shooter two goes to peg 1, shoots his sequence, then shooter 1 shoots, they move and shooter3 enters and so on.   The addition of pairs to UT is not good, the whole thing is like the death of a discipline....

All shooters line up outside layout 1, shooter 1 goes to peg 1, he shots two pairs and a single, then moves to peg 2, shooter two goes to peg 1, shoots his sequence, then shooter 1 shoots, they move and shooter3 enters and so on.   The addition of pairs to UT is not good, the whole thing is like the death of a discipline....
I'm not a trappie, just dabble but surely that should be classed as a new discipline?

its actually not ut. Its some stupid sport trap job, and its not job done its feckin stupid.

Thanks Mutley. Not a Trap Shooter but that sounds rubbish!

its actually not ut. Its some stupid sport trap job, and its not job done its feckin stupid.
Yes! +1 It wouldn't attract me as a Sporting shooter, and I'm sure it will pi** off the Trappies too. Something of a Masterstroke????? WTF!!!

IMO it will kill UT (if adopted) in the UK.  The trappie scene will go back to DTL, the 'new' ABT and OT.  Why can't the powers just leave it the f*** alone!

Sorry for my implied bad language  :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for the changes.  Just because you don't appreciate the big picture doesn't mean the change is bad.  It's been obvious for some time now that shooters are incapable of thinking for themselves and that just as obviously, the organizations know whats' good for the shooters in spite of themselves.  You should be overjoyed that the org cares enough about you to give you new things.  

You people just need to bend over, relax, and take it like a  ............ hmmmm   ..............whatever.

Thanks Mutley. Not a Trap Shooter but that sounds rubbish!

Yes! +1 It wouldn't attract me as a Sporting shooter, and I'm sure it will pi** off the Trappies too. Something of a Masterstroke????? WTF!!!
Do they allow the use of an Auto ?

I can see a few targets slipping away here.

From what i have just seen on fb,it looks like ut new format may have less waiting around ,no reffing and no more running round in circles every fith peg .

I'm sure all the grounds here wanting (or forced) to hold the new version will love having to upgrade their controller chips yet again...had enough trouble with that when the ISSF were messing around with the latest Double Trap rules *sigh*

Well best just scrap trap shooting then.trap shooters dont want to change anything and ground owners are probably thinking why  have these layouts in good order when there max thoughput per day is no where near what my sporting college's are getting.

Does anyone know what this is about?

8/ The OGA unanimously approved the creation of the new discipline “Fitasc Trap

300”, whose rules will be finalized and translated in the course of 2016 and whose

championships may take place as from 2017.

2. For the Universal Trench and Fitasc trap 300

Shot must be spherical, of a regular diameter not exceeding 2.5 mm with a tolerance

of more 0.1 mm.

As from January 1st, 2017 the diameter of lead shots will have to be mentioned in

millimeters on ammunition boxes.

Besides, the shotshells producers will be asked to ban the orange color as far plastic wads

are concerned.

That'll be Clever RVS then

Besides, the shotshells producers will be asked to ban the orange color as far plastic wads

are concerned.

They must have run out of things to do, ISSF banned them early in the year, along with another, so they changed to green wads in June....

Does anyone know what this is about?

8/ The OGA unanimously approved the creation of the new discipline “Fitasc Trap

300”, whose rules will be finalized and translated in the course of 2016 and whose

championships may take place as from 2017.

2. For the Universal Trench and Fitasc trap 300

Shot must be spherical, of a regular diameter not exceeding 2.5 mm with a tolerance

of more 0.1 mm.

As from January 1st, 2017 the diameter of lead shots will have to be mentioned in

millimeters on ammunition boxes.

are concerned.

Yes, I do with respect to item 8.

Trap 300 is a bastardised version of ABT, altered from the CPSA rules by Peter Croft.  It was demonstrated in Italy this last weekend when they'd finished playing with the UT snake. They shot 30 targets, whether they just did or a round has changed from 25 to 30 I don't know.  The targets are set 45 degrees left and right, with the height being between 1.5m and 3.5m. Target distance is 65m. As you already know 28gm cartridges with 2.5mm being the max shot size.

Latest posts

Back