New Shooting Glasses - Fancied a change ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Have been using the Ranger RE glasses for a couple of years now, no problems with them, however decided to purchase a set of the latest

New Pilla Outlaw X ones today with lenses, hope they are even better, can't wait to try out the weekend !!  :nyam:

Has any of you have particular glasses when shooting ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my optician fit yellow tinted polycarbonate prescription lenses in a pair of my old normal glasses frames. They fit great, are light and have my distance prescription in them without the need for inserts etc

Heading for prescription inserts in Pilla frames. At least I can then utilise the Lenses I already own!

Ray i think you've purchased the wrong glasses you should 've gone for the Pilla Bandits  a bit  more you !! . 

A sport optometrist (spell check) my mates son was sent to by the G.B team told him the best lenses in the world are the ones in your head ( assuming your not blind pugh ) and you should wear clear lens whenever possible or the minimum tint just to take the glare out of your eyes (apparently when shooting it is not required for you to look like a character from Goodfellas or Resevoir Dogs ) 

Totally agree i have allways considered that your natural sight was beter than any new fangled weird tint. Anyway in the uk the light changes so much even during a line that whatever was right at first is wrong by the end. Your own eyes seem to be better at handling this continually changing uk lighting.

I don't think you can beat Randolph's. For one thing, unlike most others, they are dedicated shooting glasses. they have a narrow stem for blinkers and their after sales service is exceptional.

As a contact lens / prescription glasses wearer personally I have found that even on the dullest of days I need a subtle grey tint to stop me from squinting etc.

I am a contact lens wearer and find that I require a lens to take the edge off the glare when shooting.

I wear an Oakley very light brown tinted lens which for me seems to work very well most of the time and a persimmon lens during thewinter months.

I am relatively new to this addictive sport and things may very well change over the years..

Chris R

I have been using Hi Scorers for about ten or twelve years now, they're made in Australia, I think Chris Potter is the UK agent. They work well enough for me, I always use vermillion tint because it enhances orange clays in any light, except pitch black of course!!!

After reading these posts I went shopping, asked about subtle tints and a blue rinse and was told I needed hair first!!!!!

After reading these posts I went shopping, asked about subtle tints and a blue rinse and was told I needed hair first!!!!!
I hear that wigs these days are very good Pete, just don't forget the double sided tape on a windy day!!!!! :laugh:

Latest posts

Back