New rule

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rarely shoot my semi. My first time was a registered at Doveridge. Grip stick in hand, I proceeded to tidy up and was told "leave that" by the ref. Apparently I would be holding up other shooters if I picked up on every stand!

I'd rather tidy up after myself.

I have since shot it at Jet Hall and Old Glossop and prior to picking up, I've asked the ref and the squad in rear if I can have a few seconds. No issues and quickly tidied away 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Realistically how expensive are magnetic sticks? 

I have a magnetic stick, shop floor cleaner actually, that cost all of $10.  

And if you don't pick 'em up it'll go on your permanent record.

tis awkward , I use a o/u so always use the bin provided, but at a local bash sunday, 1/2 hr wait on first stand same on second, one of our group of 3 using a auto was asked to tidy his empties , I agree but the problem most were to far the other side of the safety barrier so what do you do, antaganise the trapper or the queue waiting, and do you go over the barrier? I think not.  Maybes stands could have a magnet stick so auto users could make use of it , or do thieves walk amongst us?

the long queue was caused by trap problems and on the second stand second bird was a slow incomer, which in truth could have been triggered simaltaneous with the first bird ,others were saying same thing , but hey ho it was apart from that great to be out again at last. lets hope it lasts🙂

Always use the bin, and pickup if I miss throwing them in sometimes :p

When using auto, I do the same and pick them up. "unless places like Horne Gatton Bottom ask you not to pick them up as slows down the people behind you"

Last edited by a moderator:
It should not need a rule for people to leave a stand at someone else's property clear of empty cases.after all we are supposedly all mature responsible adults.??

CORRESPONDENCE.

SO explained a request for a change of rules for shooters to receive a penalty if they do not place their used shells in the bin. NH said it was a potential problem for auto shooters and not good to hold up the squad moving to the next stand while waiting for shooters to pick up cartridges. RF said from a shooter’s point of view, could not see why a shooter should not put cartridges in bins and from a ground owners’ point of view it would be something he would vote for as it causes a lot of work at the end of the day. JM said if it were to keep grounds tidy would it be a problem to make this a rule as FITASC already have this rule. NH asked if this was already in the CPSA rules. IP said no it wasn’t. JM- If it was made a rule then you have to have a penalty. RF suggested to put in the rules but not have a penalty. CS felt it was a good suggestion as it is not ideal to have empty cartridge cases in the stand as shooters step forward to shoot. IP agreed that making it a rule with no penalty was preferable as having a penalty makes it more complicated. CS agreed as having the rule would also give the referee a bit more authority. CA to write into the rules.

Agree put your spent cartridges in the bin. But no penalty, what happens when shooters don't tidy up their empties?
Are you suggesting if you shoot an auto and the cartridges land in front of the cage,in a bush or somewhere likewise inaccessible,unsafe,etc they should be penalised?

Are you suggesting if you shoot an auto and the cartridges land in front of the cage,in a bush or somewhere likewise inaccessible,unsafe,etc they should be penalised?
The jury’s out as far as whether or not they’ll be a penalty but potentially yes. It applies to all disciplines and all gun types.

Doubtless the devil will be in the detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another example of them flexing their non existent muscles.95% of people put their empties in the bins as long as one is provided of course.they cannot enforce this it is just so they can justify their existence and their cushy little numbers at members expense.

Latest posts

Back