new gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It can’t be too bad I hear Dr L shot 87 with it at Kegworth at the weekend😀
yes true  but been on nurofen  ever since !!   however i have barrel weights on and all weights in the stock , stock heavy but if it stops headaches so be it  , orston friday 100 esp  the acid test ?   

Another new gun - A John Jeffries Legend2 on a Perazzi High Tech S action - 32" - absolute one-off.  Shot two consecutive personal bests with it and then the wheels fell off - Newgunitis has arrived 😂

View attachment 9256
My mates got a JJ legend 2, 33" on a MX8 action and TSK stock, its a hell of a gun and the sight picture is the best of any gun i have shot. 

Last edited by a moderator:
yes true  but been on nurofen  ever since !!   however i have barrel weights on and all weights in the stock , stock heavy but if it stops headaches so be it  , orston friday 100 esp  the acid test ?   
Newgunitis manifests itself in many forms from the 'can't hit dustbin lid' to the wretched thing 'beats me up every time I shoot it - but fitted great in the shop' and seems to be a journey we must endure.  

I have had a Kick-EEZ pad fitted from day one this time around.

Had a Exquisite 2, (prosport with engraving) had to put weight in the back of that to stop it being front heavy. What's yours like with weights on the barrel and nothing in the stock. 
I did shoot it for a while with muzzle weights fitted 2/3 of the way down from the breech. I honestly think it shot a bit better. Even then, the balance was only slightly forward of the hinge pin. However, after a bout of Covid last year, I was certainly feeling the weight of the gun and one of the barrel weights had cracked, so I removed them completely. Apparently Ben80 has, and I quote, "A shed full" of barrel weights. I did ask him to sort a Browning one out for me, next time he was in his shed. I don't think he goes in there very often  !   🙄

I found that, moving my left hand (forend) back or forth a touch changed the balance feel. When happy with the placement, I then used a touch of masking tape as an "aide memoire" until it became the normal position. Never think about it now.

I used to use a small piece of electric cable under some insulation tape on many a beginners gun to achieve their correct forward hand position.  I shall be using the same method myself for a short while. I have fitted a recoil pad that is just a shade too thick, I shall change my front hand position to shoot the gun until I determine if the pad is working for me.   😊

Latest posts

Back