New gun: Sabatti CTS?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See? That annoys me: the roads all tend to point back to the "big 3", when surely there must be more options out there! Maybe I'll just have to drive round Brescia knocking on workshop doors and see what bargains I can find. Oh no, you then can't get them out of/into the country in a sensible way... Sent from my mobile wiv fumbs
There are a lot of options with guns, but most people will stick with what is a known quantity for obvious reasons!

That they are, and some of the SH prices over here aren't too bad either! Sent from my mobile wiv fumbs
Yes they are nice guns, Aaron Heading used one very well for thirteen or fourteen years, he recently changed to a DT11 of course. Yes SH prices are pretty low for the most part, not sure who the importer is these days,or even if there is one. The SH prices tend to be low because they are not really trusted in the UK in the way that the mainstream makers are, not sure about spares either!!!

No importer over here to my knowledge, although Paul Thornton (?) at Humberside Shooting Ground used to be, and his gunsmith can work on them.  Spares can be an issue, but Paul is still in touch with Gamba and can obtain spares readily.  Of course, the best bet is to take the gun to the factory, then they will treat you like a god!

I may have a special grade 6 engraved 32" m/c for sale soon...  But a bit over your price range, BTC3!     :biggrin:

*edited for extremely Shiite grammar!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the offer TP; if for some strange reason you decide you want to sell cheaply... :)

Sent from my mobile wiv fumbs

See? That annoys me: the roads all tend to point back to the "big 3", when surely there must be more options out there! Maybe I'll just have to drive round Brescia knocking on workshop doors and see what bargains I can find. Oh no, you then can't get them out of/into the country in a sensible way... Sent from my mobile wiv fumbs
I don't think i have made it clear. :wink:

It is just a common name in the gun making area. Nothing more sinister so no need to be annoyed....it is just like being called Smith.

You have the gun makers as Webber pointed out...I am sure you can get a contact from the through him.

Also you have the independent stock makers Essevierre owned by Valeriano and Rinaldo Sabatti (who are not even related...they just have the same name)....I can give you their contact numbers.

You also have another great independent stocker called Ubo Sabatti...who makes stocks for top OT shots like Valerio Grazini....again i can give you his contacts if you want a stock. 

All you need to know is what do you want? Stock....barrels ...full gun...or what.

If it is full gun...then i would point you to knock on the door of Perazzi....but i do not know how many Sabattis they have working there (probably a few). :wink:

Perhaps I can put the buying of a lesser known gun into some perspective. A couple of years ago I saw a very tidy S x S in the local gunshop, made by the French makers Darne. I had always fancied one of these so I bought it. After a few shots through it I decided that the trigger pulls were a touch on the heavy side, a simple matter to rectify. I took it to the local gunsmith who eventually had to admit defeat. There was apparently a pin on the underside of the action which would just not move.  I then began to phone around other gunsmiths to try and get the job done. I could not find anyone who was even prepared to have a look at it. Some 2 months later, I eventually found someone prepared to look at it and was qouted around £100 for the work, having been told it would take about 2 weeks to complete. 3 weeks later the gun was ready for collection, along with a bill for nearly £300, almost half of the guns value. Moral of story, had it been a Browning, Miroku or even a typical Birmingham made boxlock SxS, I could have had the work done by any reasonable gunsmith at a fraction of the cost. BUYER BEWARE !

Browning medallist was my first gun donkeys years ago....and nothing wrong with that....it did a hell of a lot of cartridges....and won a bit :wink:

....just saying

Just a word of caution to anyone considering purchasing an obscure make of gun or an obsolete one. Parts are very expensive to make one off .

Example Nikko or Winchester Ejectors, one off about £125 - £175 Each, but have ten made (remember that is a L/H & a R/H) it could be £15 to £25 each but that could leave you with 9 or 18 spares???

Yesterday I repaired a fairly new gun (out of guarantee), one of the cheaper brands.

Today I tried to order and replace the spare parts used only to be told "spares are not available." I then offered " So I will have to make spares in the future." Answer, from the importer was " Afraid so."

I will be advising my customers not to purchase that particular brand.

And the most worrying bit, looking long term, is that blokes like Peter (Salopian) aren't getting any younger, so there may come a time when the skills to make parts like this don't exist, as everything will have to be programmed into some machine. Small parts won't be cost effective to tool-up to make, so your budget brand guns will become "throw away" items when some minor part breaks.

When was the last time you saw a young "Apprentice Gunsmith"? No, me neither. All the ones I know are older than me.  :fie:

Some very good apprentices at H&H, Westley Richards, and Boxall & Edmiston.

I spoke to the importers of a make of gun that does receive a lot of very good press .

No parts available at all for their current range of guns.

I said I thought that was very bad, his reply was, " The manufacturers are only interested in manufacturing and selling guns, not manufacturing and supplying spare parts to repair them." 

Some very good apprentices at H&H, Westley Richards, and Boxall & Edmiston.

I spoke to the importers of a make of gun that does receive a lot of very good press .

I said I thought that was very bad, his reply was, " The manufacturers are only interested in manufacturing and selling guns, not manufacturing and supplying spare parts to repair them." 
This thread is about Sabatti guns.

The above comment could give the impression that Sabatti are not interested in spares etc.  Whilst I've never required any Sabatti parts or service, the importer does employ a gunsmith who attends to the majority of warranty work on the range of guns that they sell to the trade.

Sabatti is an Italian company.  Italy is in the EU.  With the exception of complete actions, guns and barrels, spare parts are a jiffy bag ride away.

I recently ordered some parts for a customers Browning from the UK distributor; the parts arrived swiftly, sent directly from Belgium.

webber

Come on Pete, which manufacturer was it?

Back