Nasty habit....

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggy

Last couple of weeks I've got into a nasty habit of missing the last bird on a stand and otherwise wrecking a potentially half decent card.

Any advice or suggestions out there, apart from just 'getting a grip'?

Don't dwell on it been the last target, just keep your rhythm focus & shoot it, also tell yourself you've got loads left to shoot 

:wink:

Aye ... dinnae dae it ! :)  

Only kidding I do the same myself at trap fairly frequently but not so much in training which sort of tells me its a competitive thought process. You are, like me I think, saying to yourself well I could make a 25 with this target and putting yourself under a bit of mental pressure when you need it less. Try not to think about anything other than the next target... difficult I know but the best remedy.

If you find the answer, please let me know. I have spent the past 25 years or so trying to STOP doing this  !

Aye ... dinnae dae it ! :)  

Only kidding I do the same myself at trap fairly frequently but not so much in training which sort of tells me its a competitive thought process. You are, like me I think, saying to yourself well I could make a 25 with this target and putting yourself under a bit of mental pressure when you need it less. Try not to think about anything other than the next target... difficult I know but the best remedy.
john is bang on with this.....even though he is now French ?

only kidding john ?

john is bang on with this.....even though he is now French ?

only kidding john ?
Actually according to the FFBT I am! This year when I entered the French championships I was no longer an etranger ... sacre fillpin bleu and of course in the Euros at Lonato I was under the tricolore aussi ... thinking about entering the preselection shoots next year!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any advice or suggestions out there, apart from just 'getting a grip'?
Like John said.  The mantra is FOCUS ON PROCESS NOT RESULT.  If the process is adhered to the result will follow.

Of course if you do not have an established and practiced process you're just SOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back