MX12 service

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave T

Who's recommended for servicing Perazzi? No issues, just a service

Cheers

Dave

:fie:  ME!  I will take your stock off  and using a new paint brush clean any crap out of the action and lightly spray it with a good light gun oil and put the stock back on.

The price is a very reasonable £100.00 plus 20% vat! :hunter:

I need to get mine done !

Have heard that Greenfields in Salisbury are good , bit of a treck for me though , touch further for you !

I guess the internal action won't have been affected by rain, especially if you dried it well and sprayed some cleaner around the breech etc. If you remove the stock does it all look clean inside? And does the top lever feel smooth? If so, I wouldn't bother. Mine now has 69,000 carts through it over almost 7 years and its perfect. I have replaced and fettled firing pins but that's all. I keep it clean and grease the joints freshly for each outing, but no work inside other than occasional clean out of firing pin bores.

top levers been stiff from new on mine !
Stiff with no barrel attached? If so it needs removing and cleaning / greasing. Or just when gun is closed? Mine is like silk to open and i don't remember it ever being different, but as I say I grease the locking edges (just under the ejectors). Also the hinge pins.

Perazzis are high quality, precision engineerd shotguns, a long way away from the run of the mill average piece of cast alloy and gas piping we have all shot before we saved up our paper round money and bought a proper gun. So, if its working OK leave it alone. Don't let some hard nosed gunshop take your hard-earned money - do it yourself. Take the stock off, blow the crap out of the action with an airline or brush it out with a half inch paint brush, spray a very light coating of good quality gun oil in the action and replace the stock. Remove the ejectors - carefully, clean out the rubbish which will have accumulated, apply a light coating of good quality grease and replace. Over and done with in 15 minutes tops at virtually nil cost. Clean it properly after you use it, grease all the wearing surfaces too. It will last you a lifetime - or at least until you want to change it for an SC3 or even an SCO!

Stiff with no barrel attached? If so it needs removing and cleaning / greasing. Or just when gun is closed? Mine is like silk to open and i don't remember it ever being different, but as I say I grease the locking edges (just under the ejectors). Also the hinge pins.
 only seems stiff when assembled ????

allways grease it well with the white Perazzi stuff ,

its allways been fairlly stiff to the point where Ive got used to it ,have tried spraying oil round the top lever but it doesnt make much difference, would be nice to get it sorted though

If its only when assembled, it's not the top lever itself, more the fit of everything. A gunsmith should be able to ease it (perhaps by polishing the hinge pins to ease but I'm no expert).

Nigel Teague (as in the chokes) sorted my 2nd MX12 (the action was a bit loose on opening the gun), did a lovely job.  Nigel was recommended to me for Perazzi repairs, a true craftsman.

01454 -  260226

Ooooooooh they don't like rain they don't :wink:

Latest posts

Back