Midland game fair

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joined this thread late but this is a nonsense. Surely 'Unclassified' means exactly that i.e. never having been given a classification?

If 'unclassified' actually means previously being classified but not currently a CPSA member then the competition rules should clearly have stated the duration of the 'unclassified' period (say 5, 7, 10  years etc) rather than leave it up to the committe to decide in the event of a protest (four years seems a bit random!). The rules should have also required the shooter to declare their previous classification and when it was last issued which would have been easy to verify via the CPSA website.

With such a valuable prize on offer and such vague rules it was inevitable it was going to bring out the sandbaggers.

As previously said I hope the winner of the truck can sleep at nights

DT

Dog Tyred,

Maybe also next year they will differentiate between 'Winner' & 'Robber'.

But I blame Steve Owen, it's all his fault. I have often said he doesn't know what he's doing. 

( Steve Owen, Peter Kay's stunt double)

pity as this is in theory a great way to level the playing field....never was sure where the "World Series" bit came from though....

Maybe I'm just grumpy as I was beaten this evening in the Bruton Intergalactic Trans Global Extreme FITASC Challenge Iron Man Open.........or maybe its because I got soaked to the skin and shot like a muppet.......

Not really been involved in this shoot but from an outsiders view (that's me) it sounds like a bit of a joke.

If it were me who "won" it under those circumstances I'd be in a big hurry to get the keys back and salvage some dignity whilst I still could.

Ed,

I don't think that the concept is a joke at all, in fact Clive Bramley and Terry Hale (the original promoter) are to be congratulated on finding such a prestiges prize. 

Where this has fallen flat on it's face is making the decision to allow a false declaration of class to win through.

If you are a classified shooter and stop shooting for a while, no matter when you resume, you are still classified in the same class as when you retired until such time as you have submitted scores to be reclassified, whether it be four years or forty.

Ed,

I don't think that the concept is a joke at all, in fact Clive Bramley and Terry Hale (the original promoter) are to be congratulated on finding such a prestiges prize. 

Where this has fallen flat on it's face is making the decision to allow a false declaration of class to win through.

If you are a classified shooter and stop shooting for a while, no matter when you resume, you are still classified in the same class as when you retired until such time as you have submitted scores to be reclassified, whether it be four years or forty.

Why did they not check all entries for classification though before this fiasco?

Had Email confirmation that the decision (bad one)will stand.

J Duncton will remain the winner.

Kev

It would be a nice gesture of the organisers to give all the other shooters their money back.

Be sensible in future and avoid any competition organised by this obvious shower that turn a blind eye to what most people see as cheating!

Latest posts

Back